Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A dry night and a fall down the stairs

Well first of all I am so happy to report that Kobe spent his first night in undies last night and woke up dry and crawled up in my bed and told me he needed to pee (I was groggy and forgot he was even wearing undies) so we went to the potty and he peed more than I've ever seen him pee at one time! Oh and the reason I decided to put him to bed in undies is because previously that evening we had gone out to eat at 3 Margaritas which just opened up (yay another restaurant up the mountains!) and since he had been wearing undies all day with no accidents I decided to go ahead and take him out in his undies. He did awesome and even went in the urinal at the restaurant which he was very excited about, lol. So he went out of the house in his undies and kept them dry and also wore them overnight and stayed dry - 2 big accomplishments in the same night! We're going on 36 hours now with not a single accident and HIM telling me when he needs to go (instead of me asking him 10 times an hour, lol) He also insists on only peeing standing up now, he can just barely reach over the rim of the toilet bowl, it looks so funny. He is a gentleman though and always puts the seat back down when he's done. :) Soooo I think we are done with the diapers all together, even for trips out and night time - well for Kobe anyway, we'll be dealing with diapers for Kaleb for quite some time still! I've really been debating on weather to cloth diaper Kaleb, I have all Kobe's old cloth diapers but I am SO insanely busy these days I'm just not sure if washing MORE laundry each day is something I should take on.

Ok onto the "fall down the stairs" part of the title. Yesterday I was carrying Kaleb and coming down the stairs in our house which are carpeted and I was wearing socks which makes for a slick combination. My foot went completely out from under me and I fell straight back. I normally could have put my hands out behind myself or grabbed the handrail to stop the fall but I had Kaleb and a plate of food in my hands. I dropped the plate of food (Picadillo w/ tomato sauce went flying ALL over the carpet) and pulled Kaleb close to my chest so he wouldn't get hurt. So while the good news is Kaleb didn't get hurt, I ended up taking a stair in the middle of my back, one in between my shoulder blades and one on the back of my head. It hurt a LOT. Of course Kevin wasn't home so I was on my own to pick myself up and clean up all the mess. I've now got an insane back ache, I can't turn my head from side to side and I still have a headache from the blow to the back of my head. Just what I needed! I think I definitely need to take a trip to the Chiropractor now.

Oh one more piece of happy news...for the past 4 days in a row Kobe has been taking a NAP!!! He's asleep right now (which is why I actually have time to type this) He had completely stopped napping for the past several months so this has come a huge and very welcome surprise! Crossing my fingers that he keeps it up.

So I'm in suspense to find out who is going home tonight on American Idol. I have been totally addicted to that show for the past 2 seasons now. I think it's going to be Brooke, I think last night really showcased that she has the weakest voice. Katie is in L.O.V.E. with David Archuletta and votes for him every week, he is really good and will probably win the show or at least be in the top 2. I thought Syesha and Carly both did really well last night but the judges were way too critical of them (which seems to be running theme lately). I think my top 3 favorites right now are David A., David C. and Syesha....with Carly running a close 4th. Brooke and Christy Lee really need to go home as they just don't have the voices to compete with them. I'm just not sure what to think of Jason, I can't get over the funky faces he makes when he sings. He looks like Elvis (the lip curl thing) w/ dreadlocks having a seizure. His voice is OK but nothing exceptional. Did you know he goes to A&M? (Where Kevin went to school) I totally would have guess he'd be a UT type, he'd fit right in in Austin - but not so much in ultra-conservative College Station - it's the "bubba" capitol of the world. LOL

Katie has AWANA tonight so I'm going to have to record it and watch it when I get home, ah the suspense! Well I'm off to take some more tylenol, my neck is killing me!

5 comments:

mp said...

yay for kobe! thanks to kobes, morgan is loving the potty now. ever since we got back from your house she loves her potty seat just like kobe's.

sorry you fell and kevin wasn't home! just what you need right, a neck ache. thankfully baby k didn't get hurt.

Glum Betty said...

First off I hope your back feels better...good excuse for a nice massage right? Secondly...no nap for MONTHS?!?? God bless you woman. I go crazy if Theron less than 2 hours during his nap, lol. You must be exhausted!

The Gomez Family said...

Oh no, i hope you recover from you fall. I also pulled a Britney Spears move with Enzo in my arms ;) Great news about Kobe using the potty. That is great. :) I can not wait to see ya'll in May. Kiss the baby for me.

Angela said...

Way to go Kobe. That is awesome that he staying dry so long. Nathan was the same way. Somehow I got lucky with him and he pretty much self potty trained shortly after turning 2. Then he decided that pull-ups at night were too scratchy to wear at night time so he wanted to wear undies instead. He had a few accidents, but did surprisingly well. Cutting out liquids after dinner helped a lot.

And boy oh boy you sure are prone to falling with Kaleb. That's 1 inside the womb and 1 outside. Hope you feel better soon and definitely go get an adjustment and maybe a massage for those sore muscles. If the Tylenol's not cutting it for you, maybe try some Ibuprofen. I found that always worked a little bit better for my aches and pains and lasted longer. It's perfectly safe to take while breastfeeding too. I hope you feel better soon and no more socks on the stairs for you!!!!

Laura said...

I hope your neck and back are feeling better! For some reason, I never get your blog updates until they are days old - what's up with that!?!?!

Go Kobe! Logan is JUST starting to get interested in the potty again - we are buying big boy underwear tomorrow morning - see my blog update.