





We had Kobe's 2nd Birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese since that is his all time favorite place - which is funny because Kyle was TERRIFIED of Chuck E. Cheese, he'd go ballistic if we even tried to pull in the parking lot. It's funny how different brothers can be. Anyhow, we had a fun time and he was so excited, he couldn't stop talking about going to Chuck E. Cheese and opening presents for his "Happy Birthday" for days before his party. His favorite present by far is the H2 Hummer my mom got him, it is one of those battery operated ride-on ones and he loves to cruise around in it. I need to get some pics of him crusin' his Hummer and post them soon. I still can't believe he is already 2 years old. He is really talking a lot now and the cutest thing he is doing right now is calling everyone by their first and middle names...Katie is "Dadie Rose" and Kaleb is "Bayub Bames" - it is SO stinkin cute! Oh and he is convinced his middle name is "Kins" since we always call him Kobe-kins, so he says his name (when you ask him) is "Bobe-kins". I love the age he is at right now, he is too cute for words. He is also the best big brother and LOVES Kaleb so much, he gives him kisses all the time and is so gentle with him. The biggest problem we have is that he wants to hold "Bayub" all the time and gets upset when I won't let him.
Kaleb is now 5 weeks old and growing fast. He's getting pudgy and on his way to becoming a full fledged butterball very soon. He's awake a LOT and is starting to really respond when you talk to him with little smiles and coos. I'm taking him next week to get weighed and measured, he has grown out of all his 0-3 month stuff already so it will be interesting to see how much he weighs and how long he is now. I can't believe how in love I am with him, it's amazing how fast that love grows. I already can't imagine our lives without him. I am so happy that he and Kobe will have each other to grow up with, I can already picture them running around together. Katie and Kyle had SO much fun together when they were little and I'm so happy Kobe & Kaleb will have that as well. I'm so much looking forward to watching them grow up and just pray that I will be lucky enough to watch them grow into the beautiful men I know they will be, just like Kyle would have been. Watching them gives me back a little bit of their brother and brings so much joy and happiness to my life. I can't even think about what life would have been like if we hadn't had any more children after losing Kyle. They will never replace him, but they make my world a much happier and brighter place. Ok, enough with the sappyness!
So I think we have officially decided to send Katie to school next year. I love homeschooling but I just don't have the time I need to put into it with both boys to take care of and running a business full time. I feel like she is getting the short end of the deal and isn't getting the time or education she deserves. She did wonderful when we had her at Castle Hills First Baptist for 1st grade and I think she will have a lot more fun being with kids her own age during the day instead of hanging out here with me and the babies. It would be much easier for me to keep her home, she is a huge help to me and I'm not looking forward to the early mornings that come with getting to school on time but I really think that the best thing for HER is to be in a classroom setting with other kids. I think she'll get a better education than I could give her (simply because of the other demands on my time - if I had nothing else to do but focus on homeschooling then I would feel totally different) and I think she will have a lot more fun with friends her own age. Soooo, we are going to do a tour of the best private school in the area on Monday, it is called Evergreen Academy and so far I have heard really great things about it. Their test scores are phenomenal and all the parents I have talked to who send their kids there say it is a really nurturing, loving environment. It is important to me that she gets a Christian-based education so that she is growing spiritually and learning about being a good person while she is in school. I just hope it's as good as Castle Hills was, that school was awesome and she had such a great teacher, it will be hard to settle for anything less now. We are meeting the 3rd grade teacher and headmaster on Monday as well so we'll see what impression we come away with.
Anyway if you want to see all the pics from Kobe's party and more of Kaleb, go to: kcmillerfamily.shutterfly.com/action/?a=2KaNGLRkxZHA
7 comments:
I can not believe it....Kobe is so big now. I remember him as an infant like last year. He is soooo cute. Kaleb is a cutie too. I love, love his eyes. :)
OMG! Katie is going to be a 3rd grader. Two more years and then she will be heading for middle school. That is scary. You know the craziness and fun stuff we use to do in middle school. Oh well, i only hope these next two years do not go as fast.
Sometimes, I feel my boys want to grow up too fast. Ales wants to learn how to drive and Enzo is into computers or any electronic device. What ever happened to GIJOES and playdoh?
aww kobe kins is so cute. did you guys get our package?
it's so good to hear you say "the boys" when talking about kobe and kaleb.
good to hear from you. we miss you guys!
awww. wish we could have been there! Kaleb is too cute, a blondie???? That is a first for you right? I can't wait to see him in person one day :)TTYL
Jess
I think Katie will do great in the school you are considering putting her into. How exciting! I know what you mean about not feeling like you have enough time to homeschool her with the two little ones and running your business. I feel that way at times, too. I'd love to send my kids to a private school...but it's just too much $$ when you have 9 of them to send! So, in our case, better off homeschooling than in the overcrowded public schools.
Kobe is just too darn cute in those birthday photos. It looks as if he had such a great day. And Kaleb looks like he has blond hair...or is it just the lighting? He's a doll. Those two are just going to be the best of buds growing up. I don't have two of the same sex back to back...I always have a few years in between (boy, girl, boy, girl, boy, girl...I can't seem to break that cycle) I've always wanted two of the same sex close in age. As it is, Tony is 8 years older than Alex, Alex is 3.5 years older than A.J., and A.J. is almost 4 years older than Andrew. But there's a girl inbetween all of them. Ah well. Maybe one day I'll have twins and that will take care of that!
I can't believe that Kobe is already two- that's crazy!! He is getting SOO handsome too! And I LOVE Kaleb's hair- he's such a pretty baby!
I hope you find a great school for Katie and it works out for ya'll. I don't know how you've done the home-schooling as long as you have- I just don't have the patience for it! LOL
I remember Kobe turning 1 like it was yesterday....where has the time flown? Looks like he had a blast at Chuckee's.
I hope my package for Kobe has arrived - I popped his card in the mail today - I royally suck!
Kaleb is getting so big already - I can't believe he is already out of his 0-3 month stuff - Logan was still wearing that when he was 6 months old!?!?!
I think Katie will love the school you are considering - she will have a great time with the people her age, making more friends, and things will be a little more mangeable for you with just the two little ones at home.
I am looking forward to seeing how Logan reacts to the new baby - apparently he visited the nursery room at school on Friday and was VERY affectionate with all the babies, so I am taking that as a good sign. He's an affectionate little guy to begin with, so hoping there is little to no sibling rivalry.
Since you asked - my butt is much better thanks! I went to the chiropractor today (I amd going to be up to a week and a half between visits now) and it was more my upper back and shoulders that were bothering me todays - that's from how I sleep on my left side - my shoulder gets all folded over.
Awwh...don't ever apologize for the sappiness. I eat it up =)
I'm glad Kobe had such a great time on his birthday. Maybe it's just in pictures, but he seems to be the spitting image of Kevin. It's like Kevin has his very own mini-me. Too cute!
Kaleb is too cute as well. And I'm with Laura. I can't believe he's outgrown his clothing already at only 5 weeks. Nathan didn't outgrown his 0-3mo clothing until about 4 or 5 months and Maddie was at least 6 months old. Me and Laura apparently make tinies. You and Kevin make Amazon children...heehee.
I'm sorry homeschooling didn't work out like you planned, but at least you have enjoyed your time bonding together and participating in her education. And there's no one saying you can't ever go back to it if you want to when the boys get older and are less demanding of your time. No need to feel any Mommy guilt. You're just one busy lady will very full hands right now. I'm still inspired by your (and Trina's) experience and look forward to giving it a go with Nathan in 2 years.
Post a Comment