Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stuff

So we sold our Hummer today. It was kind of sad because we really liked it and have had some great memories of it, but it was getting up there on the mileage and now was the right time to sell it. Another year and it would have depreciated a LOT more. So, we got a good price for it and I'm happy. I've known it was "sold" for about a week now, we were just waiting to get the money, so I've been looking around quite extensively and found a really good deal on a Sequoia on Craigslist so while Katie was in cheer practice tonight we drove up and took a look at it. It was really nice and we were able to negotiate a really good price on it so we went ahead and signed a sales agreement on it. Tomorrow we are going to go back to the bank that gave us the check for the Hummer and see if they will change it over to a cashiers check so we can just use it to pay for the Sequoia and not have to deposit it, wait for it to clear, write a new check and all that. If they will do it then we will be getting the Sequoia in the morning - I'll post pics once we have it. I'm excited as it's actually roomier than the Hummer and the middle seats recline so the kids will be much more comfortable should we take a long road trip.

Anyway aside from that not much else is new. Katie is doing really well in cheer and is officially a flyer for her team. She really enjoys it and I'm happy that she's happy. She starts school next month, where did the summer go?! We have to take at least one trip this summer, I feel like we haven't done anything yet this summer.

Kobe seems to have outgrown the difficult phase he was going through for a while and is back to being my "easy one", thank goodness! He's getting so grown up though and sometimes the way he says things just shocks me because he sounds SO much older than 3 when he talks. He is so smart and I really should be working with him more because he learns so quickly and really enjoys learning new things. He is honestly ready to start learning to read but I've just been too busy to work with him. That's terrible, I know. I need to find a way to somehow create more hours in the day.

Kaleb is doing good as well, just growing up so fast and turning into a full fledged toddler. He is talking SO much and loves to point things out and say the name of everything he sees. If you aren't looking at what he is pointing to, he will grab your face and turn your head to see it. It's funny except when you are trying to talk to someone or focus on something and he keeps grabbing your face and forcing you to turn your head away. lol We have also started lightly working on the potty with him. He can make himself pee if you ask him to so that makes it easier. I put him in undies for a couple hours each day and just keep taking him to the potty every 30 min. or so and telling him to pee and that keeps his undies dry. Yesterday he told me "poop" when he farted so I put him on the potty and sure enough, he pooped! We were all cheering him on and he had the hugest smile on his face. For now we are just making it fun and working on it a little each day. Once he turns 18 months, I'll get a little more serious about it. That's pretty much the way I have done it with all my kids and it has worked 3 times so far and they have all been 100% potty trained by age 2 . Honestly Kaleb is looking like he is going to be the easiest to train, he just seems to "get" things faster and earlier than the others. Thank goodness because he has been the hardest in every other category!

I've been so lazy the past couple days, I haven't gone running in four days (which is a REALLY long time for me) and feel gross. I PROMISED myself I will wake up and go for a run first thing tomorrow. I literally crave it. I feel like crap if I go too long without running. I love the feel of the breeze in my face, the sun on my shoulders, the smell of pine, sweat trickling down my neck, the burning in my legs running up the hill and pounding of my heart when I run. I actually miss it when I go too long without doing it.

Well on that note, I better get to bed so I can get enough sleep to feel good in the morning. :)

No comments: