Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Potty Training....Regression??
I am seriously about to scream, I don't know WHAT is going on with Kobe. None of my other kids ever did this. He had been super great about going on the potty and telling me before he needs to go and keeping his undies clean and dry, but the past week or so he has totally regressed and is peeing in his undies several times a day and has even had a poop accident a couple times! Poop! He hasn't pooped in his pants for months! WTH??! Today I got fed up with him peeing in his undies and put a diaper back on him, well he was pissed about that so he ripped the diaper off and was running around bottomless (while I'm nursing Kaleb and can't get up to do anything about it). So the good news is that while he was bottomless he needed to poop so he went and got on his little potty by himself and went. The bad news? He decided to PICK up the turd and bring it to me to show me! Ahh! So I'm stuck with a baby on my boob and a toddler standing in front of my holding up a turd! This is not the first time I've had 2 little ones in the house. Katie and Kyle were even closer in age than Kobe and Kaleb but I don't remember Katie ever doing anything like this! I seriously don't know what to do with this boy. He refuses to wear diapers and pulls them off immediately and says he wants to wear undies (and promises he won't pee or poop in them) but he's being so naughty about going in his pants when I KNOW he knows better and knows how to hold it and go on the potty because he's been doing it for several weeks (months, for poop) up until now. I'm guessing it has something to do with the new baby and him wanting attention but it's driving me nuts! I've got enough poop to clean up with Kaleb, the last thing I need is for him to be regressing like this. I just don't know how to "fix" this because it is something I have never dealt with before. Ahh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like a sticky situation. I bet you are right about the attention thing. Have you tried rewarding him for going on the potty? Gummy bears go a long way, or maybe stamps or stickers?
Good Luck!
So it's not an urban legend after all. Some kids do regress. Kobe is so used to being the baby and now he's lost that position. I know when Nathan doesn't get the attention he needs he acts out in a naughty way. For them even negative attention is good. I'm guessing he just needs some good quality time with Momma.
Perhaps when you're feeling up to it you might be able to get out of the house for an hour or two (I know it's hard with a nursing baby) with just Kobe. Shortly after Maddie was born Nathan and I went to a local ceramics studio and he and I painted a sailboat. He loved the activity and the attention.
So now Long and I make it point at least once a month to do something with each of the kids separately to give them their own "special" time with us.
Definitely sounds like regression due to Kaleb's arrival. I don't have any pearls of wisdom as I haven't had to deal with that (and Logan doesn't look like he will be potty trained before #2's arrival at this rate). I hope things improve over the next few days, but sounds like some one on one time with Kobe is what he is craving.
It could definitely be the post baby syndrome...He could just be trying to get adjusted. I guess if i had a little one right now---Enzo might feel a little out of whack because right now he is my baby. Ales is older so he does not seem to mind as much. Although, i love him just the same. I guess at two years old--they still kind of feel like the baby because they are still very young. He will eventually adjust and be anxious to play with baby Kaleb. :)
hope he is doing better. we got dum dums for morgan when we got home and so far she is doing really well.
Hi Christine, I couldn't stop laughing at that part where Kobe showed you his poop! That was so funny. I'm sure he was so proud of himself. Wish I was there to help. Love you. Mom
Post a Comment