Not having Katie here this past week has been really hard! I never really realized how much she helps out with her brothers. Kobe has been lost without her because he has never had to play by himself before, she has always been there to play with him. I think it's going to be really hard on him when she starts school in the fall. Poor little buddy, hopefully Kaleb will fill her shoes as his playmate soon.I am really missing her a lot, it's just so weird having only the boys, I miss my little girl!! She has such a special energy that she brings to our home, it just feels empty without her. Her and my mom will be flying in on Friday and then the following day is my birthday so I think we are going to spend the whole weekend in Denver. I can't wait!
I'm thinking of taking Kaleb to a chiropractor. He had a really hard delivery and came out posterior with his head facing up and I think it might have put a lot of strain on his neck and spine. He gets really fussy sometimes and it seems like something is hurting him by the way he cries. I've noticed that he cries EVERY time I pick him up and lift him up with my hands under his armpits. He only seems comfortable in a few positions so all of this is leading me to think he might be having back pain. I've never taken a child this young to a chiropractor so I'm a little nervous. Kevin, Katie and I all went to one after the accident and he did wonders for all of our backs so I do have faith in chiro, I just don't know any here in Colorado so I'm nervous to go to someone we don't know.
The one thing I can say is that whatever is bothering Kaleb, it sure isn't affecting his growth. He has already grown out of the 3-6 month clothes that I JUST bought him from the Children's Place! Arhhhh, I keep thinking I will be able to put him in Kobe's clothes but it still hasn't warmed up enough here for him to wear short sleeve onsies and shorts (which is all Kobe's clothes are) so I guess I'm off to go buy even more clothes for this amazon baby! I'm taking him in to get weighed and measured tomorrow (we missed our last appt.) so I'll update with his stats tomorrow.
4 comments:
katie's book is so cute. i really need to make one like that.
i hope kaleb feels better after his visit with the chiro. poor little guy!
Awwhh...poor Kaleb. Definitely look into a chiropractor...a good crack always makes me feel better. Also maybe inquire about massage or physical therapist who can do cranio sacral massage. It's very non-invasive. My friend (whose hubby is an MD) took their newborn daughter to a CST who specialized in performing it on children. She had a hard delivery and they had to use the forceps. Her daughter had torticollis and also had to do months of PT to stretch out those neck muscles. Any good homeopathic chiropractor in the area should be able to refer you to someone.
I've been doing it once a week for a few weeks and it's helped with my headaches. I hope the little guy feels better soon!!!
Definitely take Kaleb to a chiro. I totally believe in them. I have heard that babies who have a little rough time during the delivery benefit greatly from a few treatments of adjustment.
Another thumbs up for chiros - mine has saved my sanity with this pregnancy and saved it last time post delivery too!
I love the book that you made for Katie - so adorable! Have a fun time this weekend!
Kaleb is getting big - I was thinking that in the recent pictures you posted - hope your back is coping with all the lifting and holding.
I need to start practicing with the sling so I can get it right - and Angela has kindly offered to make me a wrap which I am so excited about - you girls are spoiling me with all your generosity!!!
I can't wait to get the SafeSeat!!!! Happy dance!!!!!! Thank you SOOOOOO much!
Post a Comment