



Sorry this post is a little late in coming, this week has been insanely busy. Anyway, my mom and Katie got in last Friday and we stayed in Denver all weekend celebrating my birthday. We stayed at the Marriott downtown and it was so nice! I LOVE staying in nice hotels and ordering room service, it is my absolute favorite "me" thing to do. So here is a run down of our weekend...
Friday: Met my mom and Katie at the hotel, had both boys sleeping in the car so they just jumped in the car and we drove to Amazing Jakes which is this all you can eat pizza buffet and indoor amusement park. Kobe is a TOTAL adrenaline junkie and even though you are supposed to be 4yrs. AND 36 in. to ride the rides, he gets on anyway (good thing he's tall for his age) and LOVES it. The moment the ride is over he is saying "Again! Again!" I swear that boy is going to be jumping out of planes and giving me gray hairs because he is such a thrill seeker. We had a fun time at Amazing Jakes and after a couple hours, which is about all that the grown ups could take, we headed back to the hotel and had champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries, watched a movie and then crashed for the night.
Saturday (my b'day): We woke up to the room service guy knocking on the door with breakfast! Had a delicious breakfast in bed and then headed out to explore downtown Denver. We walked all around the 16th Street mall which is really cool. Got smoothies at Jamba Juice - another one of my favorites. Went back to the hotel to get my mom and then walked down to Rock Bottom Brewery and had a light lunch. Walked around some more and then headed back to the hotel to change for dinner. Kevin's mom met us at the hotel and we all walked to Maggiano's for dinner. Maggiano's is a really nice Italian restaurant with the hugest portions I have ever seen. It was delicious and the kids behaved remarkably well.
I really enjoyed walking everywhere, I've always said I would like to either live out in the country away from all the polution and crime OR right in the downtown area where you don't need a car and can just walk everywhere - I love both lifestyles, it's the suburban, traffic jam lifestyle I can't do. Anyway, we walked back to the hotel and put the boys to bed, ordered choc. milkshakes and stayed up watching movies again.
Sunday: We had another yummy breakfast in bed at the hotel and then got up and headed to Elitch Gardens (6 Flags) for the day. It was a perfect day, sunny but cool and we had so much fun. Kobe rode every ride that he was tall enough to get on (which included some pretty scary ones, but nothing phases that boy, he loved them all) Me and Katie went on a roller coaster that does a full loop - it was her 1st upside down coaster. She was so nervous but went on anyway, I was really proud that she was brave enough to do it. It was actually pretty scary and we were both screaming and laughing, it was so fun to do that with her. It seems like I'm always sidelined w/ the baby (who ever the "baby" is at the time..Kyle, Kobe, Kaleb - I'm always the one with the baby while Kevin does the fun stuff with the older kid/s, so it was really fun to go on rides with her this time. We got season passes so I know we'll be going back again a lot this summer.
It was a really great weekend and hands down the best birthday I have ever had - thanks mom!!
Click here to see more pics of our weekend
6 comments:
Awwww, I love the pics! I am glad to see you had such a good birthday :) I miss you guys!
Jessica
WOW!!! That does sound like an AWESOME birthday. You're one lucky lady to be spoiled like that. Glad you had such a wonderful birthday...you deserve it!!!
Wow - sounds like an awesome birthday weekend!!! I know Logan is going to be a thrill seeker too - you should have seen him on the big slides at "Jump On In" the other weekend - sadly, it will take him a long time to be "tall enough to ride" though.....well, sadly for him, maybe not sadly for his Mummy! ;)
Mmmmm champagne - can't WAIT to have some of that!!!!
Wish you were coming to Boston too on Monday!
Happy Birthday Christine!! :) When are you suppose to come down? We would love to hang out with ya'll. I love hotels too. The kids get excited. We usually take our Austin weekend excusions every month and stay at a hotel. I think next time we will take a train ride to austin. Ales loves to fly and now is very interested in riding on a train. Well, call or email me when ya'll are in town.
Glad you had such a great birthday! That's awesome!!!
I can't belive how big Kaleb looks too- oh my gosh!!! They are all SOOOO cute!
glad you had a good bday. we might have to join you at 6 flags, that sounds like fun!
miss yall!
Post a Comment