Yesterday we left Kaleb home with Annie and took my parents & the older kids up to Loveland to go skiing. Seeing as how my parents & I haven't skied in years and Kobe is just barely learning we thought it would be best to go on the bunny slope a few times first. Kevin takes us over to the lift we think is for the bunny slope (that was hilarious, my parents and I all trying to get on the lift together - it's a miracle we all made it on) after about 5 minutes on the lift, with no end in sight, we realize this is NOT the bunny slope! Turns out Kevin took us on the lift that goes ALL the way to the top of the mountain. It is a 2 mile run to get to the bottom. Oh boy. We manage to make it off the lift with only minor mishap and all take a deep breath for what seems to be attempting pure insanity. Somehow we all made it down, Kobe actually smoked us and was ahead of us the whole time with Kevin holding onto his harness. How Kevin managed to snow board behind him I'll never know! Kobe was hilarious, he LOVED going fast and they were passing up people left and right who all had astonished looks on their faces and started laughing when they heard Kobe going "WOO WOO" as he flew by. LOL He had SO much fun. 2 years old already doing the 2 mile run! I only fell once when I started making my S turns too shallow and started gaining speed and couldn't slow down, I wiped out pretty hard in a shower of snow - everyone else said it was pretty funny to watch. My butt is still sore today. After that I went pretty slow and did big S turns the rest of the way down. My parents both did awesome for not having skied in so long and had a lot of fun. Here are the few pics we got (it's hard to take pics and ski at the same time!)
Looks like fun! Wish I was there skiing along, but I guess I'll have to wait until January for our weekend in Tahoe. Can't wait to ski at Heavenly again.
3 comments:
Looks like fun! Wish I was there skiing along, but I guess I'll have to wait until January for our weekend in Tahoe. Can't wait to ski at Heavenly again.
great pics!!!
Look a Kobe go!!! Wow!
You look like a proper Ski-bunny! I used to snowboard - my broken butt has the chiropractor bills to show for it!
Post a Comment