





Well we finally made it to the zoo, we went with our neighbor who has a son a little older than Kobe. The past few times we've tried to go it has just been insanely crowded so we just kept driving. I hate crowds. I love the Denver zoo, you can get really close to the animals and most of them are in pretty open, natural habitats. All the animals were out yesterday due to the cooler weather I guess, it was a lot of fun. As we were walking around and looking at the animals I thought about how I spent the entire day before Kaleb was born walking around at the zoo trying to get my contractions to pick up. It was February and the weather was fairly warm (60's) and sunny - similar to the weather this past weekend. I got to thinking that as much as I complain about the winter here, it can't be that bad if we are able to enjoy the zoo in late November AND in February. That only about 2 months of real cold. It's been incredibly mild so far this year, we've only had that one snow that melted off by the next day. It's actually warmer here today than it is in San Antonio! I didn't know that was even possible. I know one of these days a big cold front will blow in and it will stay cold for while so I'm enjoying the warm as much as possible while it lasts!
My mom & dad are coming in on Friday to stay for a week, I am so excited. We are going to have Thanksgiving at our house in the new room addition. Hopefully we don't set the turkey on fire this year like we did in 06. ;)
1 comment:
The zoo looks like it was a lot of fun! I CAN'T believe how big Kobe is! Seriously, I think he is taller than Logan (though that's not exactly difficult so I shouldn't be surprised).
We host Thanksgiving and Xmas at our house every year. I hope you have a lovely time with your Mum and Dad....and don't burn the turkey! ;)
Post a Comment