Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Busy!

I just realized I haven't updated on what's been going on with my acting in a while. So, let's see, in the past 2 weeks I have signed on w/ Lincoln Talent, auditioned for and booked 2 films. One is called "Big Cities & Small Towns" and the other is called "Down Angel". They both seem like really fun and interesting projects and I'm excited to get on set and start filming both next month. I also had a call back audition for the film "The Dead Rose" which I had originally auditioned for over a month ago. I think the call back went really well but I still haven't heard anything back yet so I'm started to get anxious. I wish they would just let me know, one way or the other, I just HATE waiting and not knowing. Yesterday I went on another audition for a film called "Kung Fu Sushi Chefs" and I think it went well. It was the longest audition I've ever been on! I was there for about an hour and they asked me to do both my monologues, read 2 different characters each with 3 scenes and each scene several times with different direction, different accents, etc. Asked me tons of questions about my past roles, special skills, etc. I guess it's a good sign that they were interested in me or else they wouldn't have wasted their time. Right??

So, anyway, I've got a couple films in the works and couple more that might turn into roles. It's definitely going be a busy summer. I'm excited to be able to beef up my resume and hopefully have enough footage to put a decent reel together so next year I can start sending submission packages out to agents in LA. Apparently there is a ton of filming going on in New Mexico right now and my acting coach is urging me to get an agent out there but I'm just not sure how easily I'll be able to travel down there for auditions and work.

Anyway, that's about it, things have also been really busy on the home front and with Hip Monkey but I'll save those updates for another time. :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations on the parts and the potential for more!!!!

Katrina said...

Busy girl!! But wow, it's all so exciting!!