Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Balance

That seems to be the area of my life I need to focus on. There are so many things I have going on, it's hard to give them all the attention they need to flourish and be successful. I have been putting a lot of focus on my acting lately and while it's been great to jump back into that with both feet, I'm realizing I need to slow down a bit and maybe not take every project that comes my way because it leaves me tired and frustrated in dealing with the other very important things in my life. I rotate between working on Hip Monkey stuff, trying to be the mom/cook/housekeeper/teacher to my kids, find acting auditions, go on auditions and film the roles I have booked. Some weeks are pure madness. Especially with the kids all having their own activities that they need to be taken and picked up from.

Speaking of that, Katie got a role in her school play. She is the "White Knight" in King Arthur's Court. Apparently they had almost no boys audition so the girls are having to play both genders. She doesn't seem to mind and is really excited about her part. She has some pretty funny lines. I'm excited for her to be in theater, I had so much fun doing plays when I was younger. It is such a great foundation for so many positive traits. It builds confidence, teaches you to become comfortable speaking in front of a crowd, boosts memorization skills and creativity and gets you to think on your feet.

So, hm, what else is new? Me and the boys flew down to San Antonio with my mom last weekend and had a great time. I hadn't been "home" in almost 7 months so it was great just to be back and especially to see all my family. It was my grandma's 81st birthday so a lot of my aunts,uncles & cousins had flown in for the weekend as well and it was great to see all of them. On Sunday we took the kids to Sea World (of course I forgot my camera) and had a great time.

Over the weekend Kevin and Katie flew to Amarillo so Kevin could run in the Palo Duro Canyon Trail Run. It is a 31 mile run, all on trails (no pavement) and Kevin did awesome. Despite getting a slow start, he started at the very back of the pack and there were hundreds of runners on a single file trail, he ended up finishing at around 6 hours. Pretty impressive for his first race ever!

Now that we are all home, I've been busy making list of things to do and trying to be productive. I've been kind of lazy the past month or so and haven't been paying attention to what I'm eating and barely working out so of course the scale has been creeping up and those pants that were falling off are now fitting. Not good. So starting today I'm cracking the whip on myself and tracking all my calories and instituting a MUST RUN policy 6 days a week. I know it will only take a couple weeks of that to burn off the extra weight but I have to be careful to ruin all my hard work once I get to my goal weight again by completely slacking off.

Well I think that's about it for now, there are some new things on the horizon, like a possible move in January to be closer to Kevin's work and Katie's cheer (the drive is just getting to be too much) but I'll post more about that as it gets closer. We move so much it's ridiculous but hey, it keeps life interesting. :)

2 comments:

mp said...

glad you're back and ready to rock! hope you guys had a good and relaxing time in SA.

Laura said...

I know what you mean about balance - it seems I can't keep up with everything and I have to consciously let 1 thing slide for a while and then play catch up for that later.

Great to hear what you have been upto. Still chugging along here as usual - not much changes~!