Friday, September 4, 2009

It's been a while..

So the reason I have been MIA is because we were gone for 2 glorious weeks vacationing in Puerto Vallarta. It was so wonderful and refreshing to swim, lay out in the sun, relax at the beach, drink lots of delicious frozen fruity drinks and eat authentic, delicious Mexican food (not much of that in Denver!) Every time we go down there I think to myself that I could easily just leave everything behind and just move there permanently. Like Jimmy Buffet's Margarittaville. You can see all our pics from the trip: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115940&id=1108986907&l=fb56ceb4fc

Now we are back and things are in full swing. Katie started 4th grade on Monday and so far is loving it. She has made several friends (and thinks all the "drama" that goes on is ridiculous), likes her teacher and seems to be handling all the material easily. I was a little worried because we had kind of slacked off in the schooling department last year but she is right on track, so that's a relief. I'm kind of bummed that this school doesn't have a pull-out GT program (meaning one day a week you go to a different classroom to work on GT stuff) because that was by far both me and Kevin's favorite part of school. It was a fun break to get away from the structure of the classroom and work on creative, interesting projects. I wish she could have that same experience but it's not going to happen here. Maybe once we move to California...

Now that Katie is in school during the day, it's just me and the boys home all day. It's been quite an adjustment. I didn't realize how much time she spent playing with them and entertaining them. She'd make up all these games and keep them entertained for hours. Now that she's gone, they don't know what to do and are bored all the time. I guess I'm going to have to start thinking of things to keep them busy. I'd like to put Kobe in a preschool program but he cries if I even bring it up. He is super attached to me and the idea of going somewhere by himself just terrifies him. I'm hoping he grows out of this soon because I think he'd really enjoy it if he could just get over his fear. Kaleb is getting so big, well not physically big - I don't think he's grown at all in the last 6 months. He is definitely the smallest of all my kids at this age. But he is maturing a lot, he is talking a TON and runs around everywhere. He is quickly losing his "baby-ness" which makes me sad because he is our last but also happy because I'm really looking forward to the freedom that having all older kids brings. We are currently working on weaning and potty training. The potty training is definitely going better than the weaning. That boy just LOVES nursing. He's likes to pull his diaper off all the time so I've just been letting him run naked and more often than not he will run to the little potty and pee on it (I keep it in the living room) He pooped on the floor yesterday so we obviously still have some work to do. If he's wearing a diaper he does tell me as or right after he goes poop. So I just need to get him to tell me before he goes. Little by little, we'll get there.

I've been going on a couple auditions and will be doing a lot of filming this month. Sometimes I get frustrated working on this low budget stuff and just really want to skip over all these and get to the point where I am at least auditioning for network TV shows and studio films. I know I've got to put in the crap work to get to the good stuff though. My goal for the end of the year is to get enough footage to put a decent demo reel together - WHOA! As I was typing this, Kaleb just pooped on the potty all by himself!! - Ok, anyway as I was saying, I want to get a good demo reel, new headshots and then start trying to work on getting work down in New Mexico. They are filming several network shows down there (Breaking Bad, Crash and In Plain Sight) and if I got work on one of those shows I would become SAG Eligible - which is another goal on my to-do list. Once I've got a good reel and am SAG- E then I think I'll start submitting to agents out in LA. If I can get signed onto a good agency out there then I think we'll move out there.

Well I think that's about it for now, I'll try to post more often now that we are back home.

No comments: