I spent the afternoon yesterday looking back through all my old blogs and had such a great time remembering so many things I would have forgotten had it not been for this blog. I haven't been blogging very much lately and I think mostly it's because of Facebook. I post little updates on there frequently so I don't feel the need to post big updates on here, but that sucks because then I don't have this great chronicle of our lives anymore. So I'm really going to try and start blogging more often, if anything just for myself so I have a journal to look back on and remember these times.
So the big thing in our house right now is POTTY TRAINING! Kaleb has been using the little potty inconsistently for months now but I decided about a week ago it was time to start getting serious about it so I bought a whole bunch of undies and decided we were going to be diaper free (at least during the day at home) The first couple days were a little messy but I'm happy to report that he is doing REALLY well now. He is actually telling me before he needs to go and doing all his pee and poop on the potty! He hasn't had an accident all day today and only had 2 pee accidents all day yesterday. It helps a lot that he has Kobe to watch and imitate and Katie to help cheer him on. I've done the least amount of "work" with him to teach him to go on the potty than I did will the other kids. It's nice when the older ones help out with the younger ones!
So on to a totally different subject...I've been wanting to get a big bean bag for a while now and was about to buy one online but decided that I should check on craigslist to see if anyone was selling one. I found a lady selling two in the exact size (6ft) and color (red) that I wanted for like 1/7th of the price brand new so I gave her a call to see if she would sell me just one and she told me she really wanted them both gone so she would just give me both of them for the price of one if I would come get them. They got new living room furniture that didn't fit with the bean bags there. So we drove down to pick them up and they were literally in perfect, brand new condition! They were so huge we could only fit one in the back of the Sequoia so we had to leave one and Kevin is going to pick it up on his way home from work today. We're going to put one upstairs and one down, so it will actually work out to have 2. They are just so expensive new I could never justify buying 2. The kids absolutely LOVE the thing and now me and Kevin have the sofa to ourselves when we watch movies, which is nice because 5 people on the couch can get a little crowded. I took some pictures of the kids on it but I can't find the cord to connect my camera to the computer. As soon as I find it, I'll post some pics. I've also got video of Katie doing back handsprings onto it from the sofa, lol.
So we leave in 5 days for San Antonio and I can't wait! I'm so excited to spend time with family, enjoy Thanksgiving and just relax. I have a meeting with an agency in San Antonio while I am there so hopefully I will get an agent down there and start getting work in the Austin/San Antonio market.
Well I need to make the boys some lunch, do dishes, laundry, pick up, etc. A mom's work is never done ;)
2 comments:
We will be in San Antonio on the Friday after Thanksgiving:)
i've been trying to blog more too. remember that ginormous bean bag we had in waco? ugh that thing was heavy. and we got a dark colored one thinking it would hide stains, well all it did was show Jesse hair! i think we sold it at a garage sale for like $75.
Post a Comment