Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Our Deer"

There is a mommy and two baby deer that have been coming by our house for a while now. I usually throw them some carrots and/or apples. Today I was out of both so I tossed out some grapes that were going bad and they gobbled them up. I also dumped out the rest of my spring mix salad for them. It's been an unusually harsh winter so far, extremely cold and lots of snow so I hope that my snacks might provide them with extra nutrition to help them through the winter. The only problem is that we are moving in a few weeks. I'm so worried about my little deer. I seriously wish we could take them with us. I've even contemplated going over and talking to a neighbor and asking them to make sure and feed them occasionally. It's ridiculous, I know. They are wild animals and need to fend for themselves, blah, blah, blah... but they are so sweet and cute! Anyhow, here's a couple pics of "our deer". They brought some friends over yesterday (usually it's just the mommy and 2 babies) and I grabbed a couple pics. I'm going to miss these guys so much when we move!



2 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh my gosh they are so cute! You are SO lucky to get these kinds of visitors. All we get here is ants.

mp said...

i would totally rent a trailer and take them with you!