Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snip, snip...or more like buzz, buzz.

Kaleb's hair is really challenging, it's super straight so if we try and keep it short, it just sticks up everywhere but when we grow it out, it's impossible to find a good cut for it. As you can tell from this pic from Christmas, it was getting pretty long and shaggy.



It was starting to get in his eyes so we finally took him in to get a haircut last week and the lady ended up giving him the "Dumb and Dumber Haircut"...

Yeah, that one. The only difference is that Kaleb's was a little longer in the front but just as straight across.

So we took him back in to try and get it "fixed" to a new girl who "texturized" his bangs so they weren't so straight but didn't really blend it into the rest of his hair so then he had sort of a pilgrim look going on. Finally today after his bath, I decided to take matters into my own hands and just buzz it all off. I should have taken a before pic but I totally forgot. Here is the aftermath...


Here is the final result...


I think I'm going to let the top grow out a little and just go with it's natural tendency to stick up (can you see how it's only an inch long and sticking up in the back already?!) and and just have him wear it spiky. His hair is so silky and soft and such a pretty blonde color, it seems a shame not to have it long, I just cant a good haircut that will work with it's extreme straightness. Kobe's hair curls just a tiny bit at the ends and that makes all the difference in the world when it comes to being able to have a longer style.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Awww...he looks so sweet! What a difference, though, from his longer hair. I can't get over how blong he still is! I wonder if his hair will get darker as he gets older?

Straight hair is really challenging with boys. With girls you can do a bunch of things like pony tails, pig tails, braids...but with boys? It's definitely harder to find the right cut. My Alex has super straight hair and it's been hard finding a cut for him. I like it short best-- short with some gel to spike up the front.

Katrina said...

oooops.....typo on the word BLOND. I shoule have proof-read my post before I hit send! Ugh!

mp said...

aww he looks so cute, i love that second pic of him kinda smirking.