Friday, August 31, 2007

Gender Test....Uncle Rico style!

Ok so while I didn't break down and spend the $250 on the gender blood test (which I think is fairly legit and accurate) I did see an ad in a magazine for this thing called Intelligender, which is supposedly a pee test that tells you the baby's gender. It was super cheap (like $29) so I thought, what the heck? It might be fun. :) It came yesterday and I took it out of the box and busted out laughing, it's a little cup with these "crystals" in it that you are supposed to add your urine to and depending on the color it turns, it tells you if it is a boy or a girl. I showed it to Katie and told her, I think I ordered this from the same place Uncle Rico ordered his time machine (you have to be a Napoleon Dynamite fan to get the referance) and Katie goes, in her best "Kip" voice "You forgot to put in the crystals". It was hilarious, so even though I seriously doubt the validity of this thing, it gave us a really good laugh, so I guess it was worth the 29 bucks. :)


So on to the test taking...I woke up this morning and followed the directions, you have to use your first morning urine. And the result was..................................................................................


Soooo, maybe a little baby Kaleb is on his way?? I guess we'll find out for sure in a couple weeks. I'm definitely not going to paint the nursery based on this test (ok, so we co-sleep and don't even DO the "nursery" thing, but you know what I mean. :) ) It was fun and we all got a good laugh out of it, it will be interesting to see if it was right or not.

Several people have asked me about belly pics...well I'm afraid there's not much to take a picture of yet. I tend to carry really compactly and don't even start to look obviously pregnant till at least 20 weeks. Right now I just look like I ate too much at the all you can eat buffet. I'm still wearing all my regular clothes, although they are starting to get a little tight around the waist, but greatly looking forward to getting into those comfy maternity clothes. They just look ridiculous on me right now. :( When I went to the orientation at the birthing center, I got there a little late so was the last person to sign in so I got to see everyone's due date (you have to put it down when you sign in) and I was the most pregnant person there but every single person LOOKED way more pregnant than me. What the heck?? I remember back when I was pregnant with Kobe, a lady asked me how far along I was, I told her I was 38 weeks (it was actually the day before I had him) and she couldn't stop going on and on about how small I was and how my baby was going to be tiny - it was kind of annoying! Anyway, the next day I went into labor and pushed out an 8 pound baby - so there! :) So, hopefully in the next month or so I will start having a real belly to take pictures of...in the meantime, I do have my preggo pics from Kobe if anyone is interested in seeing them. You can see what I will look like soon...stretch marks and all. :) They are: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2KaNGLRkxff

6 comments:

mp said...

oh my gosh, that pee test is hilarious! too funny.

i can't wait until you actually do find out at your ultrasound.

Katrina said...

I beleive in that hokey little pee test you bought. I bet it's right! Drug tests, pregnancy tests, gender tests...the urine tells all, I always say! So until I hear differently, I'm believing little Kaleb is in there!

The Gomez Family said...

That is too funny...Uncle Rico style!!!:) I can not wait until your next check up to find out what you are having. I am sooo happy for your guys.

Angela said...

I'll have to try that with the next one - just to test the accuracy. We've always said minimum of 3 and maximum of 4 babies for us. So since future #3 might be last we said we want it to be a surprise. We won't ask for the gender at the level 2 ultrasound. But I'm all about experiments...come on I use to be a lab researcher...hahaha!!!

Angela said...

p.s. I hear ya about being on the small size when you're preggo. It gets annoying when people's eyes turn as wide as saucers when you tell them your 9 months along. I'm the same way. I'm sure people think we starve ourselves while we're pregnant so that we don't put on all the extra pounds, but no matter what I ate, or how little I exercised I only put on 30lbs with each baby. Granted Nathan was only 7lbs and Maddie was half a pound smaller, but they weren't 5lb tinies at birth either. It's all about genetics and we just have good genes...you go GIRL!!!

*Kel* said...

Ha! I think it's a boy too!! (Not because of the test, I just have "boy" feelings for you!!) :-) That's really funny though!!