Cutie pie :)Well first off I just have to say how much I am loving the new camera we just got. We already have an AWESOME SLR Canon 30D that my mom got me for my birthday last year that I absolutely love. The only drawback to it is that it is HUGE, but it's great for taking really great, clear pictures and also for rapid picture taking. The only problem is that it isn't very portable for when we want to go hiking or going to be out walking all day. I wanted to get something that would take good pics but I could fit in my pocket for all our outdoor excursions....enter the Canon Elph SD1000. We just got it this weekend and I love it! It is SO tiny! It's about the size of a packet of Trident gum! I took the pictures above with it and can't wait to get out and take it on a hike. Speaking of hiking, we also got a new Sherpani hiking backpack to carry Kobe in. I was really hating our Kelty one and the way Kobe sat (or "dangled" would be a more accurate description) in it. I loved Sherpani the pack that Adam & Marie had for Morgan so we decided to get one for Kobe and he loves it. I'm looking forward to taking the new camera and backpack out this weekend for a hike!
Ok, back to the title of this post...things are about to get busy! I just got a call from my dad that he has some time off right now and wants to bring my grandma up for a visit. The only problem is that the time he has available to come is also right when my mom is going to be here visiting! So starting next weekend, we are going to have a VERY full house! I'm looking forward to it though. I love having guests, it keeps us busy and is always a lot of fun. Again, homeschooling rocks for yet another reason because Katie will get to be here with everyone during the days. I told her she still has to get her work done, but at least she will get to be here with everyone and not "miss" any school and I think that is so awesome! I just love the freedom we have to be able to take trips and have visitors any time we want and just fit her schoolwork in around it. Anyhow, I am really excited about having our family come and visit....now I just need to get the house in order!!
4 comments:
So I guess we are both new camera owners. I have yet to read the manual (such a no-no coming from a car seat nut...always read the manual first), but so far I'm really enjoying having an SLR. But you are right it his huge!!! I already miss my little Canon that fit in my back pocket. Be careful you don't lean over any bodies of water with your new pocket cam or you'll end up like me =)
I still can't believe the wildlife there. Amazing! Your new camera sounds so cool! I need a new one really soon.
Hope your visit goes well with all the family. I love it when my house is full too.
I feel exactly the same way about our Canon - it's so big and hard to lug around but I love the pictures that it takes (making up for my extreme lack of skill in this arena).
I will need to check out that little camera you got - so often I kick myself that we don't have the camera with us and miss some great moments.
How cool will that be that you will have your Mum, Dad and Grandma all there at the same time! It's great your parents get along so well after being divorced.
Make Kevin clean the house and you go lay on the couch and eat some bon bons, you're pregnant, its ok ;) You seem like you feel good and have alot of energy though for being so newly pregnant. Gosh, I couldn't stop puking long enough to clean let alone entertain a house full of people! Hope it all goes well :)
Jess
Post a Comment