
Well it's been it while since my last update. Like the title of my post says, things have been really busy over here! Last Sat. my Dad and Grandma flew in and then my mom flew in the following day. We had a wonderful visit with everyone and it was so nice to be with all my family here in our new home. My dad and grandma flew back home on Wed. and my mom just went back today. Before she left today we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese and had a great time. Kobe is old enough now to really enjoy it and it was so cute watching him run around from game to game. Unlike his big brother, he isn't afraid of Chuck E. at all. :) Poor little Kyle was just terrified of him!
After we dropped my mom off at the airport we took the kids to the Denver Zoo. It was the perfect day for the zoo, low 70's with a light breeze and sunny, absolutely gorgeous. By the time we got back home up to the mountains it was already dark and the temp had dropped to 48!! Fall is definitely on the way! :) It's so cool to experience actual SEASONS, lol, a concept that I never really experienced living in Texas. Soon the leaves will start changing and the air will be crisp and cool and not too long after that we will start seeing snow...I'm SO excited! Snow was always the unfufilled hope that I wished for every winter as a child but never got (well once in '85, but that was it!) I can't believe we'll actually get to have a white Christmas! Skiing, snowmen, sled rides, snow ball fights...I can't wait!
Anyway, Miss Katie has been a busy girl as well. She had her first soccer game this past Sat. and unfortunately her team got their butts kicked. :( It was pretty unfair though, for some reason they still have co-ed teams at this age (which I think is totally stupid) and her team was all girls and they played against a team of all boys that were MUCH bigger, faster and more aggressive. She tried really hard though, bless her heart. I'd really like her to be on an all girl league, I think by this age it is really unfair to play boys against girls. I'm going to look around and see if I can find any other leagues around here that seperate the teams by gender. In College Station by this age they had the teams seperated, I don't understand why they don't do it that way here. I think she would have much more fun and it would be a lot more fair and safe.
She also recently decided that she wants to do cheerleading. I really wanted her to get back into gymnastics but nope, she want cheerleading. Sigh. So I looked into it and found a really great gym down in Denver that was last years state champs for cheerleading and she is going to be joining their squad. She starts next week. They have 4 big competitions a year and go to Nationals in Florida in March, so I'm sure we'll be keeping busy with that. I think it will be a lot of fun though. I'm not sure about Nationals since we will probably have a newborn then, but maybe Kevin can take her or something. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'm just glad she's going to be back in the gym, keeping up her strength and flexibility, those are things that will help her so much in pretty much any sport she ever wants to do.
She also had her 1st day of AWANAs last week and LOVED it, she is reading her little book every day now so she can have all her verses memorized and be able to get her vest and patches. It's really cool because the church she has it at is right next to her soccer field and her practice is right before AWANAs. How great did that work out? Even better yet, they have a family dinner before AWANA starts (which was suprisingly good), so we can leave soccer practice, head over to the church and eat dinner and then Katie goes to her AWANA class. It makes for a long evening but we get fed, have fun and I only have to make one trip for 2 things. :) Of course if I end up putting her on a different all-girl league it won't work out that perfect but we'll see. I'm going to give this league a little longer before I decide for sure. Maybe the other teams she plays in the future will have a better mix of boys and girls.
Anyway thats what we've been up to lately. Oh I almost forgot, Kobe starts Kindermusik next week! I'm so excited because he loves music & dancing more than any kid I've ever known. I'll have to post a video of him dancing... he's got some serious rythym and moves! I think he's going to have a blast and I'm glad he will have something of his own to do since he spends so much time on the sidelines watching Katie do all her stuff.
3 comments:
Man, your week DOES sound busy!! I'm so glad ya'll are getting out and doing new things there though- that helps so much to make a new place feel more like home.
I'm SOOO jealous of the season changes though- it makes me want to move to CO (or somewhere like that) more than you can possibly imagine!!!!
And that's awesome about the car seat! I'm really looking forward to getting it- just let me know when it's heading this way and how much I owe you for it. :-)
Wow, those pics turned out great! I really like the ones of your mom and Kobe.
I'm so glad Katie is getting so involved. T&M are about to start soccer this week too. We are excited. Now the girls have something else to talk about on the phone :)
Oh and be expecting a box full of maroon. I didn't forget about you.
Love the pictures. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your parents. I wish my father was mature enough to be in the same room with my mother and not act like a complete child. So I am envious that your parents get along so well.
I hope you really do enjoy the winters. I love the snow, but I hate the bitter cold and freezing wind. If only winter could last just 1 month. After 4 months of it I'm pretty much done. I hope you enjoy your first White Christmas.
Post a Comment