Well things have been busy as usual. Lots of stuff coming up soon. My dad is coming up to spend Halloween with us, how cool is it that he has never missed a Halloween with the kids? He gets here the day before Halloween and then goes back that following Sun. - which is the same day my mom is getting here! She is coming to visit for a week just to spend time with us. I am so excited, I love having my family and friends come visit.So we went and got our passports this week - talk about a rip off, after paying for the passports, paying the post office their "fee" & paying extra to have them expedited, we ended up paying close to $800 for passports for all of us. That is just insane. What a nice little scam they have going on there. The stupid thing is that we didn't have to show any extra documentation than we did at the airport back before passports were "required" for all international travel. A driver's license and a birth certificate - that's it. I've been showing them that at the airport for years and now suddenly it's not good enough. Now I've got to show it to some lady at a post office, pay an arm and a leg to get a passport and somehow that is more "secure". Bull$*#. Anyway, that just really upset me because I hate being forced to purchase something when I don't see the point to it. But, it was a necessity if we want to be able to go to Puerto Vallarta for the New Year and I REALLY want to go!! I'm pretty sure we'll be ready for a break from the snow and to see some sand and sun by then. I'm also really excited for my Grandpa to meet Kobe, it's been 2 years since we last visited and he has never seen him. My mom emailed me the confirmation for the hotel today, she is being so awesome and paying for our airfare and hotel because there is just no way we could afford it right now. I'm already having day dreams about Margarittas (virgin this time), coconut slices w/ lime and salt and taquitos w/ guacamole on the beach!!! Oh and that amazing breakfast buffet they have at the hotel, sitting at a table right on the beach eating omlets and drinking fresh squeezed juice....it's the best!
Anyway, I guess the "nesting" phase is kicking in because I turned into psycho cleaning freak today. I literally scrubbed my whole house clean...walls, fridge, everything. I even got down and cleaned the bathroom floor by hand because the mop just wasn't getting it clean enough. I wish I could be this motivated to clean all the time! It was so nice when we came home from Katie's cheerleading practice tonight and walked into the house and it just smelled so good. The problem is that in order to keep my house this clean, I can't do anything else...like spend time with my kids, homeschool Katie or work on Foundation or business stuff...or oh yeah, rest. I wish I didn't need to sleep - imagine how much we could do with those 8 extra hours a day! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep doing the best I can juggling all these full time jobs. :)
Well Kevin just lit a fire, it smells so good and the kids are actually both asleep so I think I'll go have some snuggle time with him by the fire, another thing that we never seem to have time to do. I have to remember not to get too busy to just stop and enjoy my life!
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Random Stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know what you mean about wishing you didn't have to sleep. If I could have from 9pm to 6am everyday to do things around here, I think my house would be in MUCH better order and I wouldn't be so behind in everything. The next day would run so much smoother if I could get ahead of things. I love to sleep, but really there's no time in my day for it! Last night I feel asleep at 11:30pm or right around there, and I woke up at 3:50 to start my day. It's now almost 6am and the kids will be up any minute now (some of them) and in these two hours I've done two loads of laundry and have put all the clothes away (which takes more time than actually "doing" the laundry, because then I start to organize drawers, etc) and I've also decluttered a bunch of messy spots around the house. But still there is SO much more to do. If I didn't need sleep, things would go so much better around here!! Two hours isn't enough. And once the kids are up -- forget even trying to clean. Then I'm "in demand" and I'm on their time, not mine!
Hey Christine, I love to hear about your trip to Guadalaraja, MX. Do you remember when you saw Vanessa there? Good memories. I love the pics of your family from previous vacations there. I hope ya'll enjoy the sand, sun, and ritas. :) Except you will only be able to enjoy the sand and sun part because of the bun in your oven. ;)
how cool that your dad is coming! i wish we didn't have to spend halloween without yall :(
p.s. hotmail isn't let me respond to any of my emails, but I got yours and and wanted to say thanks for the offer. we are going to try really hard to get up there this winter. i'll call u soon.
Post a Comment