Sunday, October 14, 2007

Winter Wonderland

I'm dreaming of a white....Halloween! :) It snowed about 2 inches overnight and even more this morning! It was SO cool to wake up this morning, open the blinds and find our backyard flocked in white. We let the kids go out and play in it this morning, good thing I had already gotten their snowsuits! I took these pics first thing this morning and it has already snowed a couple more inches since then!

Our "Snowmobile" (a few minutes AFTER Kevin scraped it off!)Our newly "flocked" Christmas Tree farm :)

Dogs having a blast in the snow

Our Backyard - no lounging outside today!Kobe's first time seeing snow

Making snowballs and throwing them off the deck

Snow Dog

6 comments:

mp said...

oh my gosh how cool is that!!! so you'll have to update me as to how you guys are getting around in that snow. because that is the only thing that is keeping us from coming this Jan.

great pics!

Angela said...

So not looking forward to that here. The longer the snow stays away the better...although the first snow is always the BEST!!! I'm glad you are all enjoying it.

But after a few months of driving in it, shoveling it, snow blowing it, putting salt down, scraping your car off, having to go to the car wash after it melts to have all the salt washed off the undercarriage of your cars, heating up the car before going anywhere, putting coats on to go to the car only to take them off before putting the kids in their seats, then repeating the process before getting out of the car, I'm ready for winter to be over.

This is the time of year when we start looking at housing prices in California to see if they've dropped...hahaha. Long's newest thing is looking at houses in New Braunfels, TX since his company has a data center there. I keep telling him, "Not gonna happen." Besides then he'd have to start going into the office everyday.

So enjoy your winter wonderland. I hope you continue to enjoy it all winter long and don't end up disenchanted by it 3 months down the road. I guess you're guaranteed a "White Christmas" this year.

Hey MP, it's not that bad driving in the snow. Just get some snow chains for those mountain roads. Do they allow chains in CO on the mountain roads? In CA they require snow chains or AWD/4WD to drive certain road when there is snow. You'll love the snow...perfect for skiing/snowboarding!!!

Sorry for rambling =(

The Gomez Family said...

Ya'll are sooo lucky. Snow always reminds me of Christmas which is my favorite holiday. Ya'll get to have a very real white chritmas this year. What a treat! :) Love the pics.

Katrina said...

Very pretty!!! I'm happy you are enjoying your weather:)

*Kel* said...

That is SOOO cool and I'm jealous! I thought we were doing good to have temperatures in the 60's-80's the last week or so! LOL It's absolutely beautiful though!

Laura said...

I think Boston can claim Kobe's first time seeing now last Spring ;)

I can't believe you guys have snow already - that's wild! It's just fall here - sunny, but there is a nip in the air for sure.