Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ugly Shoes

I am wearing a pair of shoes. They are ugly shoes, uncomfortable shoes. I hate my shoes! Each day I wear them, and each day I wish I had another pair. Some days my shoes hurt so bad that I do not think I can take another step. Yet, I continue to wear them. I get funny looks wearing these shoes. They are looks of sympathy. I can tell in others eyes that they are glad they are my shoes and not their shoes. They never talk about my shoes. To learn how awful my shoes are might make them uncomfortable. To truly understand these shoes you must walk in them. But once you put them on, you can never take them off. I realize that I am not the only one who wears these shoes. There are many pairs in the world. Some woman are like me and ache daily as they walk in them. Some have learned how to walk in them so that they don't hurt quite so much. Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go before they think about how much they hurt. No woman deserves to wear these shoes. Yet, because of these shoes I am a stronger woman. These shoes have given me strength to face anything. They have made me who I am. I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman who has lost a child.~author unknown~

6 comments:

mp said...

I wish you didn't have to wear those shoes. I wish that I could take those shoes off of you but know that's impossible. I know you have learned to walk in them and that makes me very proud of you.

Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

I HATE that you have to wear those ugly shoes everyday for the rest of your life. But I admire the strength and courage you have gained by being forced to do so. One day you will walk barefoot hand-in-hand with Kyle on streets of gold. Be blessed today and always.

The Gomez Family said...

I also wish that you did not have to wear those shoes. I have seen how you have have struggled and learned to cope with those shoes and i feel you are a stronger person, friend, mother, and wife.
Love always....

Laura said...

One day, as Angela said, there will be no shoes on your feet and yours and little Kyle's sweet toes will meet again and walk together forever.

My heart breaks for you my friend. You are an amazingly strong woman.

Katrina said...

I don't like your ugly shoes, either. I wish I didn't have to see them on your feet. In fact, I wish they would go out of style completely and that the manufacturer of those kinds of shoes would simply go out of business. That way, no other mother would ever have to wear those shoes again. I wish...

But since they are yours to wear and they aren't going away, I must say you make those ugly shoes look beautiful because of your strength and your grace, and your ability to walk for a great cause in those shoes. You have already walked miles in them, and because of that have helped to protect many children... and prevented other shoes just like yours from being sold to someone else.

God bless you :)

Angela said...

DITTO to what Trina said!!!