So now we are down to one vehicle for a while until everything is sorted out with the insurance and they give us a check to replace the Land Rover. Hopefully it will be enough to actually replace it. I don't even want to think about the insurance nightmare we are probably about to deal with.
I HATE that stupid highway 285 and this has made up my mind that we have to move soon. When we bought this house, it was because we thought that Kevin would be working from home and not doing a regular commute. I NEVER in a million years would have chosen to live so far from his work if I knew he'd have to be driving to and from there everyday. Now the reality is that he basically is a full time 8-5 employee at Qwest and has to do this stupid, dangerous commute everyday. So something has to change, this can't keep going on anymore. I hated him commuting from the very beginning and this just proves my fears were right. No more. If he is going to be working out of the house, then we need to live close to his work. I don't know how, but we are going to have to sell this house and move down into Denver - unless something else comes open in Austin soon and we could move back to Texas. That would be my dream come true. I am so DONE with this snow and ice. It's fun for playing and skiing but driving is dangerous enough without having to deal with that too. I've already lost one child to a car accident and could have lost my husband today. I HATE cars and highways and driving and just want to live where we have to drive as little as possible and in the safest conditions possible. Living at the top of a mountain and my husband working at the bottom in a place where it is snowy and icy sure isn't it.
Then to top things off, I talked to my dad on the phone while we were there at the accident and he told me he had fallen off the roof of a house he was working on, hit a brace on the way down and possibly fractured some ribs. If he would have hit his neck, instead of his back on that brace, he could have been killed. He's going to the hospital to get checked out, so I'm just praying that he is ok. So I almost lost the two men I love in one day today. Happy Valentine's Day! What a day. I'm just so incredibly relieved that everyone is ok and still alive. I was hugging Kobe after we got home and his skin was so warm against mine and I started thinking about how quickly that warmth can be taken away. In a fraction of a second. Not like I needed it, but today was another reminder for me to just treasure the time you have with your loved ones because you never know when that hug or kiss you gave them will the last. When I hugged Kevin goodbye this morning and told him I loved him, it easily could have been the last. It's funny because the last thing I told him before he left this morning was "I don't want you to go." I was worried about him driving in the snow and wishing he could stay home. It's scary how life can change in the blink of an eye, and always when you least expect it.
Anyway, here are the pictures I took with my phone of Kevin's car at the bottom of the hill:
Tire tracks where he slid off the road 





7 comments:
OMG! Thank heavens all is fine. :) I totally agree with you when it comes to driving. I wish i could cut down on the driving and spend more time walking, but the reality is that we live to far from everything.
We will be moving in April to a townhome that is right across the street of Ales's new school. It's in Alamo Heights! :) He will be attending Cambridge Elementary. I can not wait.
Keep safe Miller Family. We miss ya!
i'm so sorry. call me as soon as you can so you can let me know how kevin is doing now.
ugh i hate that i can't drive over there and help you.
I just am speechless. I can't believe this happened! Thank God Kevin is okay.
I think your house is beautiful, and that yard, and the clean air and the view you have -- but I have to agree with you...the road is too dangerous and you guys just don't need that kind of a worry everyday. This accident just confirms that.
Its a sign. Move your ASSES back here!!! He can get another job im sure. That is just totally terrifying, I can only imagine how you must feel right now :(I am worried about YOU being in the car and 9 months pregnant. Promise me you won't leave the house when the weather is bad???
I am SO sorry you had to experience. But thank God Kevin is okay and no one else was hurt.
Is there anyway Kevin can use this accident and his LONG commute as leverage for "working remotely" as he was mislead to believe when he accepted the position? That just seems really unfair that he expected to be able to work from home and was part of the reason why you guys even considered looking at homes outside of the immediate Denver area. That just seems really unfair...especially since gas costs, wear and tear on your personal vehicle probably weren't calculated into his salary. That really just sucks all around.
Well if you need and tips or suggestions for selling your home in a not-so-great market...we sold ours in 3 weeks when other homes in the area were sitting on the market for months. I have a really great book I can recommend if you are interested. I followed all the tips about simple things you can do to your house that will help it sell faster. We ended up putting $15K into our house (landscaping, new carpet, new tile, new paint, etc.) before we put it on the market, but we pretty much got a greater return on our investment and had fewer carrying costs since we sold it so quickly.
Best of luck in whatever it is that you decide to do. I'll be praying for you =)
Oh Christine! I'm SOOO sorry just for you being so scared! I can't imagine. I'm glad that Kevin is okay. And I hope your dad is okay as well and not too many broken bones.
I'm now going to go give my boys all an extra hug!!!
Christine - I am so relieved that Kevin is OK and I hope his aches and pains clear up fast. I have mentioned to Erin about Kevin's interest for a position in Austin (Erin in VP for Prof Svs - my boss basically) and if we hear of anything, then he'll know straight away. Since it doesn't sound like the Qwest gig is going to let up any time soon, a move into Littleton or something like that would be a great idea!
Post a Comment