Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Our new favorite seat!





So in order to give customers accurate information about the car seats we sell, I feel an obligation to try them out myself....ok, that and I really wanted to see how the Recaro seats compared to the Britax! ;) Anyway the Recaro seats finally arrived today so I put Kobe into a Recaro Signo and absolutely LOVE it!! The headwings are so much softer and thicker than the Boulevard. They also sit lower to which means his head can't slump under them when he falls asleep (which occasionally happens in the Boulevard) I always complained to Kevin that with the Boulevard it's like they expect your kid to have a neck like a girafffe for the headwings to be in the right position when they are forward facing (because the straps have to be above the shoulders.) With the straps in the right place, the wings are just too high (although they are fine when rear facing since the straps are under the shoulders so it brings the headwings down). The Recaro wings are perfect though, even with the straps above the shoulders, and the whole seat is really supportive and cushy. The harness cover pads are really nice as well, they are really long so there is no way that part of the strap could be exposed to irritate his neck (which drives him crazy) Kobe loves it and didn't want to get out! So I think it's out w/ the Boulevard and in w/ the Signo. :) Plus this seat will last him a lot longer since it has a higher top harness height. Hopefully this will mean happier car rides since Kobe still hates to be in the car for more than a few minutes.

6 comments:

Laura said...

The harness looks awfully high though - the straps can be at or above his shoudlers. If there is a slot at his shoulders, I would move them to that position.

I've heard mixed things on the Recaro seats. The built-in lock-off didn't do the job, so they changed the description to being 'belt-guides'. That kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

mp said...

it looks great! kobe looks so cute in his new seat. you'll have to let us know how he does when it's installed :)

Katrina said...

The new seat looks very cozy!

Christine said...

It just looks like that in the pics (the harness being too high) The background of the seat is blending in with the shoulder straps. In reality the straps are right AT the top of his shoulders, maybe a centimeter higher at the most. It has the infinite harness height adjustment knob so it is adjusted to him perfectly. :)

I will post again after I install it about how easy or difficult it is to install. It is definitely the most comfortable seat he's ever tried (and we've tried them ALL!)

The Gomez Family said...

I totally love that seat. It looks so plush and comfty. Miss ya! :)

Angela said...

And a 35lb rear-facing limit to boot!! Now if only it could be tethered rear-facing...it truly would be the perfect seat. Although I'd personally have no problem using it up to 35lbs even without the tether.

And to think you just talked me into a Boulevard..shame on you! HAHAHA! Just kidding. I'd love a Recaro, but unfortunately I see a Radian in our future before a Recaro.