Wednesday, August 20, 2008

1st day of school report

Great news, Katie came home ecstatic about her 1st day of school. She said it was "SO much fun", her teacher is "really nice but strict" and she already made 2 friends. She also was the only kid in the class today to get a "trophy" (a reward system her teacher uses for good behavior). I'm not too surprised though, all of her teachers have always said she was a "perfect" student and she has always gotten the highest marks for conduct. Apparently she will listen to everyone else except me!

Anyway, I'm happy that she's happy! :)

Have I mentioned that we are going to Puerto Vallarta this Saturday? We're going down for my Grandpa's 80th B'day party. Katie will miss school next week (she is actually really upset about this!) Since Kevin is working down in Denver on Friday and we are going to stay at a hotel close to the airport Fri. night because our flight leaves really early Sat. morning, tomorrow is packing day! It's our last summer fling, I'm so excited since we didn't get to do much this summer, we'll make up for it at the beach next week!

5 comments:

mp said...

i'm glad her day went well. they say the same thing about tanner and i'm like "are we talking about the same child here?" too funny that's she bummed to miss school.

hope your trip goes well and i can't wait to see pictures.

Angela said...

Yay for Katie! She's going to do awesome this year. Our children are always the worst at home. At school they seem to be perfect little angels who always listen, are always polite, never argue, etc. At least that's what Nathan's preschool teachers said about him last year. Yeah...I just count my blessings that he's not a trouble-maker at school too.

How long are you gone for again. I guess Marie and I will be "holding down the fort" so to speak. Maybe we should chit chat before you leave about what you'd like to see done in the meantime, but I know you're probably super busy getting ready to leave. I hope you guys have an absolute blast and YOU of all people really need and deserve this vacation - so enjoy it!!!

Katrina said...

I'm glad to hear her day went so good!!

Have a wonderful trip!!

Laura said...

Hey - have a great time In Mexico!!! Safe travels!

Glad to hear Katie loved her first day!

*Kel* said...

I'm so glad she liked her school and her teacher!!!

Have fun on your vacation- I'm SOOO jealous!!!