I have to say this is the first time in my life I have ever left a salon in tears. Everything was going amazing right up until the time she started cutting. First she did the straightening procedure which was incredible, my hair was silky and straight as a pin. Usually when I straighten my hair with a flat iron there is still a little bit of "poof" to it but after the thermal reconditioning, my hair was flat and silky straight. I was SOOOO happy and excited. She did the coloring to cover over the old highlights which also came out great. Then she brought out the scissors. *Insert theme from "Pyscho" here....do-do-do-do...eeee-eeee-eeee*
Ok, you've all seen the photo of Sandra Bullock with the cut I want right? Do you see a whole lot of layering in her cut aside from the front pieces being chin length? All I wanted to her to was take my hair to shoulder length and cut a few pieces around my face to chin length, just like the picture. Well somehow in her mind that meant to chop my hair to hell with all kinds of choppy layers. I HATED it, it was not smooth or sleek anymore which is the whole reason I went through this 8 hour ordeal - to have smooth, sleek hair. It looked terrible and was all choppy. It seriously looked like I let a 5 year go after my hair with a pair of craft scissors. I told her I didn't like it and to take it shorter to get all the layering out. She did, sort of but there is still layering at the bottom. It looks like Billy Ray Cyrus's hair cut - you know the dad on Hanna Montana? Yeah, she gave me the Billy Ray. It was complete devastation to finally have and touch the perfect hair I wanted all my life and then to watch it get butchered away into a hair cut I absolutely hate. I cried the whole way home. I'm still not up for posing for a picture but I'll take some soon so you can fully understand my misery. The good news is that is will grow out but damn it after all that, I shouldn't be having to wait 6 months for my hair to grow out to be happy with it! :( It was so perfect before she started cutting, I should have just left it alone at the length it was.
The new me.....
Stop laughing.
Ok, you've all seen the photo of Sandra Bullock with the cut I want right? Do you see a whole lot of layering in her cut aside from the front pieces being chin length? All I wanted to her to was take my hair to shoulder length and cut a few pieces around my face to chin length, just like the picture. Well somehow in her mind that meant to chop my hair to hell with all kinds of choppy layers. I HATED it, it was not smooth or sleek anymore which is the whole reason I went through this 8 hour ordeal - to have smooth, sleek hair. It looked terrible and was all choppy. It seriously looked like I let a 5 year go after my hair with a pair of craft scissors. I told her I didn't like it and to take it shorter to get all the layering out. She did, sort of but there is still layering at the bottom. It looks like Billy Ray Cyrus's hair cut - you know the dad on Hanna Montana? Yeah, she gave me the Billy Ray. It was complete devastation to finally have and touch the perfect hair I wanted all my life and then to watch it get butchered away into a hair cut I absolutely hate. I cried the whole way home. I'm still not up for posing for a picture but I'll take some soon so you can fully understand my misery. The good news is that is will grow out but damn it after all that, I shouldn't be having to wait 6 months for my hair to grow out to be happy with it! :( It was so perfect before she started cutting, I should have just left it alone at the length it was.
The new me.....

Stop laughing.
6 comments:
Oh man I'm so sorry!! Your hair grows fast though, so hopefully it will be soon.
I guess you can't go to someone else and get it fixed or you'd have a pixie haircut huh? You don't want to look like Zack and Cody's mom from Suite life of Zack and Cody?
Again, so sorry!!! I want to see pics though. I have a funny picture of Katie when she cut her hair in College Station. This story reminds me of that.
aw man, i thought you added a picture of you! his hair isn't that bad. it's probably a better haircut then most moms i know.
we want a picture of YOUR haircut!
Awwhhh...sweetie I am so sorry. But at least you've only left the salon in tears ONCE!!! I know it's been several for me. But maybe I'm just more emotional or vain...LOL!
We are our own worst critic and I'm sure you are just being extra hard on yourself because you are so disappointed. Just think about how much faster your hair will dry and how the diaper bag won't get caught on your hair when you put it on and take it off your shoulder. I know I went super short compared to how long my hair was and I LOVE it!!!!
So don't be shy and share some pics. All the compliments you get from us gals will definitely raise your spirits.
Oh my gosh I was laughing so hard when I read "The new me..." and I scrolled down seriously expecting to see you with your new haircut, and there was Billy Ray staring at me, and I started laughing out loud and scrolled down further only to read "Stop laughing." and so I did.
Man, that was great. I played right into that one.
But okay, seriously...I want to see some photos. I just know it doesn't look like Billy Ray's so much as you think. It just can't. You are too pretty to resemble him even a tiny bit! I'm sorry it didn't come out the way you imagined. Did you show the lady the picture of Sandra Bullock? I don't see how she could have messed that up! Even I could probably cut someone's hair like that -- it wasn't too technical.
Now, we are all friends here...so share your new look with us soon. I'm soon to share some of my photos of my recent labor and delivery...and you can't look any worse than I do during a contraction :) ha ha.
Aww! I'm so sorry, sweetie! I'm SURE it's not as bad as you think it is though!!!
Please post pictures soon!!!
Oh NO!!! I am so SORRY!!! I would have complained to the salon so at least if you decide to do the straightening again, you get a discount or something.
Post a Comment