Monday, August 4, 2008

Going for it...

Ever since I was 10 years old and my hair suddenly changed from beautiful and straight to curly and frizzy (yeah, you don't want to see my 5th grade pictures), I have wanted to get my hair straightened. It used to be that permanent straighteners would fry your hair and turn into something that resembles a cross between a horses tail and straw. Needless to say, not something you'd want on your head. So I lived with my curly hair, for the past nearly 20 years, and hated it. But now, thank you progress, there is something called "Thermal Reconditioning" that will turn curly hair into pin straight, soft gorgeous hair....and it just so happens one of the leading experts in the field is right here in Denver!! Sooooo, I'm going for it. I'm going in tomorrow morning for a 5 hour long process to transform my hair into the hair I've always wanted. No more blow dryers and flat irons to make it straight, it will just be that way all the time. I'm so excited I'm almost giddy! Here is a picture of me with my hair straight (by a blow dryer and flat iron) - hopefully this is how it will look all the time after tomorrow!
Although, I think I want to lose some length and go a little shorter. Here is the cut I'm going for:
In addition to getting this fabulous new hair, I'm also super excited about spending a whole day with no work and no kids to worry about! One whole day of just sitting on my butt reading magazines and having my hair done, it's like a mini-vacation! LOL

Speaking of vacations, we are going to be going to Mexico in a couple weeks to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday. I'm so excited to see him and all of my family, it's like a huge family reunion and my entire family will be there. The kids are going to have so much fun at the beach and pool. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about Hip Monkey, I'm trying to train our nanny on how to run things while I'm gone so that we don't shut down completely. It will be SOOOOO nice to get away from everything for a while though. I'm working 12 hour days almost every day now and starting to feel burned out. I know it's a long term investment and will pay off once the company grows enough to be able to hire people to do all the things I'm doing now and I can just sit back and oversee everything.

Well it's midnight and I still have a ton of orders to process that need to ship out tomorrow. Thankfully Kevin, Annie and my mom will all be here to try and run everything while I have my day out. :)

I'll leave you with a recent pic of my lil punkin who is getting so big too fast!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Hmmm...wonder if Katie will be experiencing "the wave or curl factor" in the next few years. Perhaps it has something to do with the onset of puberty? I know my hair was pretty straight until my senior year in high school, and I was a very late bloomer. Then all of a sudden it went from straight, to wavy, to curly over the course of 2 years.

Can't wait to see pics of the "new" you. Your hair is beautiful just the way it is, but I know how difficult and time consuming it must be to straighten your hair considering how thick your hair is and how tight your curls are. Fortunately my hair is pretty fine and my curls are no where near as tight as yours so straightening my hair doesn't require that much effort.

Kaleb is getting so big and he's still as cute as ever =)

*Kel* said...

Aww!! That's so awesome that you're going to get your hair done! I can't wait to see pictures of it all- make sure you take a good "before" picture and then one right "after." It makes life more intersting for the rest of us. LOL!!! :-)

Enjoy your mini vacation- It really is SOOO nice to do that once in awhile. You deserve it!!!!

And I love the picture of Kaleb- he's so chunky and cute--- makes me (kind of!!!) want just ONE more!! ;-)

mp said...

can't wait to see it!! we need pics!

Laura said...

My friend Kami has her hair thermally straightened and raves about it. Can't wait to read on and see if you posted new pictures.

Kaleb is getting so big!! What a cutie!