
Wow. Last Friday through this past Tuesday I went off to live in another world. I started and finished the Twilight series - all 4 books (and also the partial draft of Midnight Sun online) in 5 days. That averages out to 541 pages a day! I honestly didn't plan on reading them so fast, I just couldn't stay away from them! As Edward would say, it was "exactly my kind of heroin"! I don't think I've ever been so engrossed in a book/s before...and I've read a LOT of books. From the moment I started Twilight my life was not my own anymore. Every free moment I had was spent reading, I just could not put the book/s down, I honestly think of it like 1 big book because there was no difference between them, they were all equally good. When I finally finished the series it was a mixture of relief (because I need to get back to my own life!) and sadness because I'm really going to miss the characters! I'm so excited to see the movie but I know there is no way it can live up to the book. It will be cool none the less. I REALLY hope she finishes Midnight Sun because it was so cool to read the story from Edward's perspective. I wish she would rewrite ALL the books from his perspective. It brings so much more depth to the story to hear his thoughts (and the thoughts of everyone whose mind he can read). If you haven't read these books yet, go out and buy them right now. You won't regret it!
6 comments:
ah finally we have christine back. but i'm so glad you read them all and can relate to my obsession. seriously, if i could have one wish it would be to have edward for 24 hours. ok maybe 48 hours.
So I guess I know what to ask for this Christmas now!!!
We we make a date for a phone chat?? I miss you!!!
So THAT's where you've been! I've missed your posts.
Seriously, I need to get these books. My sister "went missing" for 3 days. Didn't answer emails. Didn't blog. Found out later that she was reading the Twilight series and finished all books in about 3 days. She read while the kids were in the bath -- sat alongside the tub with them. She read while she fixed dinner. She read as soon as the kids went down for the night and then pulled an all-nighter to read...
okay, what is the DEAL with these books?!! Do they cast some kind of vampire spell over you guys, or what?? :)
Yep, I know how you feel... I read them all really quickly too (minus waiting 2 weeks for the last one to come out!!) :-)
Now it's count down time to the movie...
DUDE!!! That's more pages than my Bible...LOL!!! I wish I had the time right now. I can barely keep my eyes open when I get a moment to myself. I do miss reading. I was able to squeeze in reading "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" before Noah was born. I think that was the last book I've read cover to cover. Lately it's all about revisiting "The Baby Whisperer" book - oh how this boy confuses me =)
Glad you enjoyed your book reading vacation. Welcome back to the blogging world. Hopefully I'll be joining you all again soon.
I read the first two on an airplane and the rest on my vacation, lol. Lee couldn't understand why I would rather read than do anything while we were in california. Those books should come with a warning label!
Jess
Post a Comment