I am such a weenie. We started the P90X program and it is kicking my a$$. Before starting the program you have to do a fitness test and I expected Kevin to smoke me -which he did, he can do a TON of pull ups and push ups without even pausing in between them. He can even do them with one hand, it's ridiculous. The guy still has a 6-pack and he never even does ab work. Ok, so I expected him to do a lot better than me, he has some kind of miracle fitness gene that keeps him strong and fit without even trying. Well apparently our daughter has inherited that gene as well. Here's the pathetic part - Katie decide she wanted to do the fitness test and majorly kicked my butt ! The girl can do 10 pull ups (real pull ups with your hands facing away from you) in a row with almost no effort. She can do even more with pauses in between. Guess how many I can do... None. I can get about half way up and that's it. Ugh. I came in last (by a large margin) on our fitness test. That is just sad especially considering what great shape I used to be in. The good news is that while I might not have the same amazing natural strength as my husband and daughter, my body does respond very quickly to exercise so I can look forward to seeing results very quickly. I'm just mad at myself for ever letting me get in such crappy shape. It just kind of snuck up on me. That's over now though. I am so freaking sore today I can barely walk but I love it. I am ready to get my body back and feel like ME again. I'm cleaning up my diet and going back to the way I used to eat when I was vegan (except allowing a little bit of lean meat this time) and pushing myself hard every day. My goal is to be ripped and bikini ready by March when we are going to PV again. I know I've got some ab muscles under there somewhere, I used to have a 6-pack & I'm ready to see them again! I'm pretty sure this P90X program will do it, I've never pushed this hard before when I worked out! If anyone is looking for a SERIOUS work out program, this is definitely it.
There are a ton of these on youtube, check out this guy's before and after photos! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwtAEoH8AoE&feature=related
2 comments:
you'll have to pass the program on my way after you guys are done with it. so if you give it to me by march, i can be bikini ready by june!
Wow - the before and after shots are amazing! I too used to be in great shape - between dancing and the gym, I was pretty tight. Thankfully breastfeeding drops the weight for me, but I have no strength and no tone anymore.....and no energy and no motivation....sigh - maybe once I have two nanoseconds and more than 2 hours of sleep in a row...;)
Post a Comment