
I desperately want to travel, there is so much I want to see. I can't wait to take our kids and go see all these beautiful places. If we ever win the lotto, we will do nothing but travel for a few years. If we don't win the lotto then we'll have to settle for one trip a year. Kevin has it in his mind to sail around the world one day. Once Kaleb is a couple years old and not so hard to travel with I want to start going on at least one international trip a year. You just never know how much time you have and there is so much I want to see. Sure we should probably save for other things but what fun would that be? You only live once.
The picture above is a beach in Greece, which is one of many places I want to visit. Kevin & I are getting SCUBA certified this next year so we can make the most of our travels. My top 11 places (I couldn't narrow it down to 10) I want to visit outside the US - (I have a whole other list of places I want to go in the US), not in any particular order are:
Santorini, Greece (above)
Machu Picchu, Peru

Great Barrier Reef, Australia - I am dying to go SCUBA diving here!
Venice, Italy - I want to do a long tour of Italy and see Florence and Rome (esp. the Vatican). The food, the history, the art...
The United Arab Emirates, Dubai - My friend Mikey is living there and it sounds amazing. It is the richest city in the world.
New Zealand - ALL of it. Ok, this is probably #1 on my list. One picture just doesn't do it justice. White beaches with crystal water, jungles & snow capped moutains all on one small island, it's incredible. It's where they filmed Lord of the Rings and Eragon and probably the most beautiful place on the planet. If I was ever to run away to live in a different country, without question it would be NZ.
South Africa - I want to go on a safari and stay in a treetop lodge.
Great Wall of China - there is SO much I want to see in China but this is #1 on the list. Tibet is #2.

Ireland - this is the land of my heritage, I want to see where my ancestors came from.

The Pyramids & the Sphynx - Egypt

Paris, France

Oh there so many more but I tried to narrow it down as much as possible!
4 comments:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your travel list!! Many of the same places I dream about traveling to. Of course I'd have to add Fiji, Tahiti, Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Sweden, Denmark, Portugal, Spain, and probably a few more I can't think of right now =)
So does this mean you guys are officially done having babies?? Knowing you, you probably have back and forth thoughts on the subject on a daily basis.
We are done....for now. There may be one more 4 or 5 years down the road, and there may not. I've already started giving away my maternity wardrobe to other expectant mommas. Next it's the baby clothes.
Travel is one of the big reasons we think we're done, but the cost of a college education is another. But only God knows for certain if we're really done.
OK - ummm where is Scotland??? Research Glencoe in Scotland - possible one of the most beautiful and haunting places on earth...IMO. ;)
Ok - so Shane won't go to Egypt or France so you want to do a girl's vacation there some day???
We honeymooned in Tuscany - I have our pictures online at Shutterfly if you are interested - let me know.
I've spent the grand total of one day in Venice when I was a kid. We were on vacation in Yugoslavia (which doesn't exist anymore) and we took the boat over to Venice on a day-trip. I think I was 6 years old, but I still remember it as being beautiful! I LOVE Italy (and the food!).
I'm with Angela on being done - cost of college being a big reason also....still I want a girl, but Shane is pretty adamant - he doesn't want to get into the trap of having more and more till we get a girl! Ha Ha!
That is awesome. Luis and i have been planning a Europe trip for the two of us next year. :)We would love to take the boys to the next summer olympics in London 2012 and the World Cup in South Africa 2010.
Such pretty places!!
Hmm...for us, the word "done" just doesn't exist. So...I doubt we'll get to any of those places anyday soon. Just gotta stick to the U.S. sights for now, perhaps invest in a motorhome and just take a lot of road trips! :)
Post a Comment