Monday, May 4, 2009

Too Busy to Blog

Sheesh, it seems like I can never get a free moment to catch my thoughts anymore. Between trying to balance the business, the kids, exercising and now trying to restart my acting career, I never have any down time.

So on the home front things are good with the kids. Today Katie decided to potty train Kaleb. She found the baby potty in the garage, brought it in and has successfully gotten Kaleb to pee on it twice today. Pretty impressive! I've been kind of lazy about starting the potty thing with him but if today is any indication, he might be my easiest one yet. The kid is uber-smart, he understands EVERYTHING and is already saying at least a dozen words and loves to sit in your lap while you read him books. He is also starting to get jealous when Kobe is in my lap so I'm dealing with that struggle right now. They both want to sit in my lap and have me read to them so I try to fit them both while they are both trying to push each other off. But then there are those moments when they are both sitting happily in my lap, I kiss the tops of their heads, one dark haired head and one light, side by side...my boys. Those moments melt my heart.
Kobe is showing a real excitement for learning lately and we've been working on shapes, letters, colors, numbers, etc. I think I might start him on pre-k curriculum soon since he loves to do "school work" so much.

Katie on the other hand is giving me a hard time about getting her work done. I need to think of some ways to liven things up and make it more exciting for her. She is well at grade level and actually way ahead for math but I don't want to use that as an excuse to be lazy and not keep her challenged and working. I want her to be ahead of the game when she starts 4th grade in the fall and easily be able to get into the GT program. GT was my absolute favorite part of school so I really want her to experience that. She starts cheer practice next week and that is going to be a huge time commitment but I really think it will be worth it. It is such a great program and I think she is going to get so much out of it. She is doing really well with her piano lessons, she's been doing them for about 2 months now, and it's so exciting to watch her learning how to play.

As for me, I'm super duper excited to be acting again. I have 2 auditions next week and a meeting with a talent agent. I've been spending a lot of time working on my comedic, dramatic and period monologues so hopefully I'll be able to nail these auditions. One is for a play and the other for an independent film. If I get both I'll probably have to choose one as I don't think I could do them both but that is definitely a problem I'd like to have. :) I've also managed to drop a few more pounds and am officially 3 pounds away from my vegan weight!

So that's pretty much it for us lately, just staying busy and enjoying the ride. :)

2 comments:

Angela said...

Great update! I need to find some time to blog but lately my creative juices have not been flowing. I think I'm just waiting for my class to be over and hopefully my mood will perk up.

BTW I love the new pic of you and Kevin on your sidebar =)

mp said...

let me know if you like the pre-k curriculum, i might get some for M. I feel she's not learning enough at school but she is only 3.

Good job on the weight loss! i love running as it's the easiest way to lose weight, at least for me and apparantly for you! good job on sticking it out.

good luck with the auditions, keep us updated!