

Kaleb just turned 15 months old and boy has his speech picked up! I really need to get the camera out and record him talking because it is sooooo cute. Here is a list of his words:
Mama
Daddy
Katie (sounds like "Daydee")
Kobe (sounds like "Bobee" - with an emphasis on the "bee")
Nice Nice (while petting the dog)
Eat (very clear - also does the sign for this while he says it)
Grandma (MaMaaa - you can tell the difference between Mama and Grandma by the way he drags out the maaaa at the end of Grandma while "Mama" is very clipped and short)
Milk (does the sign for this too)
No (sounds like "Na" - also shakes his head no while saying it)
Eye (very clear) - also points to his and your eye when asked
Belly Button (Beyeee buu") also points to when asked
Mouth - also points to when asked
Ear- also points to when asked
Hair - also points to when asked
Hi - and waves
Bye - and waves
Night Night
Ball
Vroom vroom (while playing with cars)
Bug
Bath
Boo (while playing peek a boo)
More (does the sign for this too)
Animal Sounds - when you ask him what the animals says, he says:
Woof woof (for dog)
Meow (for cat)
Moo (for cow)
Snorts for pig noise
eee eee (for monkey)
Rawr (growling roar for dinosaurs, lions, tigers, etc)
Nieghhhhh (for horse)
He is at such a cute age right now and babbles all the time in addition to the words we can understand. He is a very vocal baby. He loves music and starts bouncing up and down dancing whenever he hears it. He also understands EVERYTHING, you can ask him to go get pretty much anything and he'll get it, ask him questions and he'll answering you by shaking his head, etc. He's been getting much easier lately and loves to play with the older kids. It's so cute as they all run by with him at the end doing his half walk/half run to keep up. I can actually take a shower during the day now and he'll play happily w/ Katie and Kobe instead of screaming at me and banging on the glass the whole time. lol He is also super attached to Kevin which is REALLY nice, he actually wants to go with daddy more than me a lot of time. Kevin puts him to bed every night which is wonderful after Kyle & Kobe who both refused to go to sleep with anyone but me.
I'm really loving this age, he's still so cute and babyish and chubby but running around, talking and interacting. I'd like to just keep him at this age for a while. This is the age where you start to forget how hard the first year really was and start thinking that they are so adorabe and fun, another one would be nice. ;) If I wasn't pursuing my acting I can see how I'd start to think "just one more" at this point. But no, I have my hands beyond full with these 3, the business, the non profit and my acting. I don't think I could handle much more and maintain my sanity, something would have to give and I don't want to give anything up so I think that means no more babies for us. But I am thoroughly enjoying Kaleb's babyhood while it lasts!
I'll post soon w/ some more recent pics & videos of my little Monkey-moo :)
2 comments:
oh my gosh he's so cute! and that hair! too funny!
i can't wait to see him again!
He is just so super precious. I can't believe it will be a year next month since we've seen you guys and boy has Kaleb grown. He was such a doll at 5mos with his chubby cheeks and thighs and all that drool. I imagine he's even cuter now at 15mos. Such a smarty pants already =)
I know what you mean about the insanity of being busy all the time. I would love to have maybe one more baby, but with trying to go back to school and all the other stuff I just don't see it happening. We are saying we are done too. But ask me again in 4 or 5 years, and I might give you a different answer. Only time will tell.
I am SUPER DUPER excited for you and your acting career. I can just feel something exciting is going to happen for you!!!!
Post a Comment