Thursday, August 13, 2009

Acting Update

So things have been going pretty well with my acting lately.  I'm not sure what was going on the last time I posted an update but I have recently switched agencies and am now with Maximum Talent and absolutely love my new agent.  I've been booking pretty much every film I audition for which has been great but also starting to pose the danger of me overbooking myself.  So far I have booked leading or large supporting roles in the following films:

Big Cities & Small Towns (Lisa)
Down Angel (Kylie)
Kung Fu Sushi Chefs (Logan)
Spectrauma (Veronica)

and there are two other films I auditioned for recently that I'm still waiting to hear back on!  Pretty crazy huh?  The good thing is that by the end of the year I will have enough footage from these films to put together a kick butt demo reel.  I'm really excited about the Kung Fu Sushi Chefs one because I am having to learn Kung Fu for the film since I have several fight scenes.  I spent several hours last Sat. learning stances, blocks, punches and kicks.  I was sore for DAYS afterward!  It's going to be so cool once I've learned all these cool moves and can do them on film.  

I'm also really enjoying the new place I've been going to for acting workshops, I'm really being challenged and pushed and can feel myself becoming a better actor.  I'm so excited to be pursuing my lifelong passion again and can't wait to see where it leads me.   I'm working on putting together a website, it will be ChristineMiller.com and hopefully will have that up in the next month or so.  Busy, busy, busy - and this isn't the half of what I've got going on, the business and the kids are whole other update.   It's crazy but I love it!  

Oh and I finally hit my goal weight this morning!!  I pulled all my size 2 stuff out of the box in the garage and it all fits again!!!!  I couldn't believe how many clothes I had, it's like I got a whole new wardrobe.  I went bathing suit shopping today because my old one was too big now and ended up getting 2 different suits because I liked them both so much I couldn't decide!  Do you know how long it's been since I liked ANY bathing suit on me?  It was amazing to go into the dressing room and actually like the way a bathing suit looked.  I LOVE having my body back.  It was a LOT of work but so worth it.  I'm not done yet either, I still want to get more definition in my arms, abs and legs.  We are going to Puerto Vallarta for 2 weeks (leaving on Sat) so I'm going to enjoy relaxing for a while (I will probably still go for morning runs on the beach though) and then finish up the P90X program when I get back.

4 comments:

Laura said...

You go girl!!! Way to go on the acting jobs, and on the weight loss!!! So, when do I get to take your pictures for the website???? ;)

The Gomez Family said...

Wow...great job Christine! :) I love the website idea. I can't wait to see it. Well, have a fun and safe trip to Puerto Vallarta. I hope I spelled that correctly.

See ya!

Katrina said...

You're awesome!!!!!

I can't beleive you are learning Kung Fu moves.

Well, actually... yes, I can believe that. Because, see, you're awesome and awesome people do things like that.

Have a wonderful vacation in PV !!!

mp said...

have fun in PV! good job on the weight loss, keep it up!