We just spent the afternoon driving a Budget rental truck all around Denver picking up furniture that I found by scouring through ads on craigslist.com. Man did we get some amazing deals! Basically we just brought home close to $15,000 worth of furniture for $3000. Kevin calls me the queen of making deals ;) Heehee
Here is what we got
A huge goose down seating (yes goose down!), custom built, sectional microfiber sofa for the family room that is only 6 months old (the owner is moving to CA and can't take it) It is the most comfortable thing my butt has ever had the pleasure to sit on! You literally sink into it and are cradled in feathery softness. I think I may turn into a couch potato with this thing around.
A 62 inch DLP High Def. TV that is less than a year old (owner is moving to London and can't take it) - Yes it's ridiculously enormous, I know. We're taking movie night to a whole new level ;) Won't you come join us??
A solid oak writing desk, computer desk and hutch for the study (again, owners were moving) - So I guess we need to get moving on the remodel so we can actually have a study to put this in. I just couldn't pass up the good deal, even if we can't use it just yet. :)
I freakin love craigslist! The last thing we need is a kitchen table and we will have our house fully furnished.
So Katie loved her first day at drama camp, they are putting on a Pirates and Princesses play at the end of the week, I can't wait to see it! I swear, that girl was born to be on stage, she's been performing since before she could talk. We used to put her on the table when she was a toddler and she would dance and clap to any music. One time when she was 5 or 6 and had just learned the national anthem, we asked her to sing it at a restaurant and she stood up and sang, full volume, the entire national anthem. The whole restaurant exploded in applause when she finished. I think she is going to love the theatre. It's something I have loved my whole life so it's really special to share that with her.
Speaking of the theatre, the Evergreen theatre is holding auditions for Our Town. I'm thinking of auditioning. I've really been missing acting a lot lately but I'm not sure if it's too much too soon to take on a play right when we just got here. I was looking through my old acting stuff and saw the review for the last play I was in, Proof. Reading it really brought back a lot of memories and made me realize how much I miss it. Here is the link: http://www.theeagle.com/spotlight/onstage/2005articles/052405proofreview.php
It doesn't show the pic, but I was on the front page of the entertainment section for that one. I was planning on moving to LA back when I did that show, we were all set to move there when Kevin graduated. I was going to attend the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and had a whole career planned out. Everything changed after the accident though, everything I had been working for with acting seemed so trivial so I gave it up. I'm realizing now though that Kyle would never have wanted me to give up something I enjoy so much, so I'm thinking of putting my toe in the water and getting back into it again. We'll see how it goes...
Oh, I forgot to include one of Kobe's favorite signs when I was writing down all he was saying and signing. It is "All Done", he does this ALL the time, it is the cutest thing ever. When he is done eating, done with his bath, wants to get out of the highchair, he puts his little hands up in the air and turns them back and forth. You have to see it in person to get the full cuteness factor. I HAVE to get the video camera out and get him on camera doing all his signs. I love baby sign language, it is so cool and so cute to watch them do it.
2 comments:
wow, you guys got a lot of stuff!! Can't wait to see it all. I agree, craigslist does rock.
You definitely should get back into acting - you're right - Kyle would never want you to have turned your back on something you enjoyed so much.
I need you to Craiglist for us too!
Post a Comment