Ok so yesterday the whole car insurance thing just pushed me over the edge. I'm just really getting concerned about how to "fix" our financial situation. Thank you so much to all my wonderful friends who showed me so much kindness and concern and also some wonderful ideas to bring in some extra cash. So today I posted an ad on my homeschooling group offering Kevin's services as a private tutor. He has his degree in Chemical Engineering w/ a minor in math so he's pretty qualified to tutor any kind of science or math. I'm hoping that he can get a couple kids a week and that will bring in a little money. I'm also looking into selling Arbonne. My friend Trina does it and also has 8 kids, so if she can find time to do then I know I should be able to! So, we'll see how these new ideas pan out. The good news is that Kevin will be getting a raise in Feb, so that should ease some of the strain as well.
Oh here's some fun news, I am REALLY feeling the baby move a lot in the past few days and yesterday while he was bumping around I put my hand on my tummy and even felt it from the outside! He's one strong active little guy! I am so enjoying finally looking and feeling pregnant, it seems like it takes forever to get to this point. This is when it starts to get fun :)
Well Kobe wants me to read him his animal book...again...so duty calls. :)
Before I forget, a new adorable thing Kobe is doing is when you say "shh" to tell him or anyone to be quiet, he will put his finger up to his lips and go "shhhhh" too - it's too cute!
4 comments:
I hope all works out well for you :) Kevin would be a great tutor. I tutor 4 kids ages 10-17 in all subjects and though it is a bit challenging, I love it. The hardest part is that I have to read their textbooks before I tutor them or I don't know what the heck is going on. Especially with the older kids, lol. It is amazing how much school stuff you forget once you have kids. I don't think I have had to use my brain this much in years! One other thing, you might try making business cards and bringing them to local school (especially private or community colleges). They are always looking for tutors! I started off with one kid and I get calls from parents all the time wanting a tutor. Too bad I don't have enough time....
Hope that helps :)
Jess
Jess's idea about business cards is a GREAT idea. I found a great website that I used to "create" the CPST cards I had made up. Let me know if you need the info.
I'm so glad you are feeling better today. The first few months of moving away from your comfort zone are really tough. I am living it right now....and it's been almost 2 years. Even so it never ceases to amaze me how the enemy can cast those doubts in your mind at the perfect time. All along you feel like God is opening doors for you leading the way...and then BOOM here comes all that doubt in the form of financial hardship.
I say it all the time, but I am really praying hard for you guys. Bless you today and always =)
p.s. shop around for some cheaper insurance. We did and saved a bundle. An umbrella policy that covers your home, your cars, etc. with one company may save you some $$. It can be a lot of work and effort, but you could potentially save hundreds of dollars a year.
I second the shopping around thing. We saved $80 a month by switching from Progressive to Geico.
Jess
Post a Comment