Monday, September 24, 2007

The K or C dilemma...

Ok so we have decided that the baby's name is definitely going to be Kaleb/Caleb James. The problem is that Kevin and I are in a bit of a disagreement on whether it should start with a K or a C. I think that we should go with a K, since all our kids are K names. Kevin thinks that if we are going to go with a traditional name like Caleb, that we should also use the traditional spelling, otherwise people will be misspelling his name his whole life. So....I really need some input here, what do you think? Kaleb or Caleb??

6 comments:

*Kel* said...

I think Caleb with a 'C!' YOU need a kid or two with a 'C' name- so you'll actually be the "kcmillerfamily" LOL!! ;-) And I think I like the traditional spelling of it better too. Oh! And I love the name Caleb James- too cute!!!

mp said...

I think it will be fine spelled either way. I don't think his name will be misspelled his whole life....

but I do like C better only because your name starts with C too.

The Gomez Family said...

I agree with mp..The C spelling is better and your name starts with a C. Caleb James Miller is too cool. :) Kaleb James Miller is good too, but with a C it blends better. I do not know--- i am just thinking about what it would look like if you monogrammed the letter C or K on something. Hope this helps.

Katrina said...

I vote for the C spelling -- I would probably go with the K spelling just to keep the "K" theme going IF your name did not start with a C. I think because your name also starts with a C that having a C name is almost BETTER...that way you are not alone with the only C in the family :)


Plus, it's really the sound that is important....it's a hard C sound, so it sounds just like the other names.

Okay...here's my thought. If you change your name's spelling to Kristine, then you can name him Kaleb with a K.

But if you keep your name Christine with a C...then I think little Caleb should have a C as well.

Laura said...

Well, my maiden name apparently was difficult for people to spell correctly. I would get every kind of spelling including completely the wrong name and it really P****D me off no end to be constantly spelling my last name to people. So, with that said, I would go with the C if you think spelling correctly will be a potential issue. BUT, I do love the whole K theme you guys have.

Angela said...

Hmmm...I'm going to go against the majority here and side with you. Go with K. In my mind Katelyn is not the traditional way to spell Katie's full name. To me the traditional way for it to be spelled is Caitlyn. There are so many ways to spell names these days. We could have spelled Madeline's name Madalyn, Madeleine, Madelynne, etc.

Besides I could have sworn that Kaleb was the traditional Hebrew spelling and that Caleb was the anglicized version of that name.