

Click on pics to enlarge.Well here is my little cheerleader....is she cute or what?! She's had 3 practices so far and just got her team uniform tonight. I'm so glad I let her decide what she wanted to do and didn't force her back into gymnastics because she is LOVING cheerleading. It incorporates her favorite part of gymnastics (tumbling) and other things she loves like dance, music and being loud. :) Finally something where her loud voice will be a good thing! We have been telling her to please keep her voice down since she was 2 years old. LOL! Even though it's a pretty long drive to take her to the gym (like 45 min.), I'm glad we went with this gym because they are REALLY good and professional - 2 of her coaches are cheerleaders for the Denver Nuggets. They always win all their competitions so I think it will be fun for her to be on a winning squad. We are supposed to already make reservations for the Omni Hotel in Orlando for Nationals in March - but I am expecting a baby in March! Nationals aren't till March 17th and I have always had my babies 2 weeks early, so hopefully we will have a 1 month old by then and be able to make it. I'm sure Florida in March will be a welcome change seeing as how that is supposed to be the heaviest snow month up here! We are going to go ahead and reserve a room and hope this little one pops out a few weeks early! I'm just not sure if I'll want to go to the beach and be seen in a bathing suit so early post-partum! Yikes! Maybe I'll wear a mumu and make sand castles with Kobe, haha.
Oh and Katie is SO excited because she gets to be a flyer (basically the one at the top of the pyramid), they toss her little butt up into the air and she loves it. No suprise seeing as how her daddy has been throwing her in the air since she was a baby. My little adrenaline junky! She is doing really good and never wants to leave when practice is over. Her 1st competition is next month and they are performing at a Colorado Avalanche game (which is the pro hockey team in Denver). I can't wait to see her up there! Well I guess I better get to bed, I just had to post pics of my baby girl in her new uniform. :)
6 comments:
Katie looks very sweet in that uniform! She is going to make a great cheerleader!! I'm sure she's going to have a lot of fun. Audriana cheered for two years and had a blast.
She totally is a cheeleader at heart. She looks like a natural in her uniform. I can't wait to see pics of her during competition. Go, Katie, Go!! :)
Katie looks so freakin' cute in her uniform. I know I have a little girl of my own, but I am so jealous jealous right now. I can already tell that I am going to be one of those parents who lives vicariously through my children. I hope you and Katie enjoy the cheerleading. I still love watching competitions.
p.s. LOVE the changes you made to your blog by adding all the pictures of you guys. Very cool!
so cute! she looks like a pro already!
So looks fabulous in her uniform! I can tell she is going to be a pro. One of my friend's husbands used to cheer in college!
Beautiful Katie!!! I love it- she looks SO awesome!
Post a Comment