Monday, October 8, 2007

Well it's not exactly an Armada....

While searching on Ebay for an Armada, we stumbled upon an amazing deal on another vehicle that had everything we were looking for...super wide backseat, amazing off-road ability for driving in the mountains in snow and ice, wide wheel base to reduce risk of roll over, plus it's about the toughest and strongest vehicle you can get. After being in the kind of accident we were in, this thing is my dream come true. I love, love, love the tiny windows - no one is going through one of those things, the huge windows on the minivan just bring up so many horrible memories and fears for me, so this is a big comfort for me. So here it is (sorry the pics are kind of dark)..........





We hadn't really been considering a Hummer because they were way more than we wanted to spend but we got an amazing deal on this. So amazing that Kevin flew to Chicago on Sat. morning to pick it up and drove it home! Anyway, I'll have to get some pics of the kids in their carseats tomorrow when there is more light out, they have SO much room back there, we will be able to easily fit 3 across. :)

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh My Gosh!! I LOVE your new car! What a vehicle!! I always told Rich that when our kids start driving, I'm buying them all Hummers. I think you made an excellent choice. I would feel very safe in one of those. In fact, before I even saw the photos I was guessing "Hummer" by just the description you gave.

Congrats on your new car!

Angela said...

WOW!!! Nice, I remember you mentioning that a Hummer would be perfect, but way too expensive. So that must have been some deal, especially for Kevin to come all the way to our neck of the woods. I'm sure he appreciated the extraordinary warm weather have been having since Friday ;)

Can't wait to see pics of the kiddos in their seats. Personal request: Can you install your SafeGuard seat for kicks? I'd like to see how it compares in size to your Regent and Boulevard. I'm thinking of the SafeGuard for when it's time to flip Nathan around (in another year or two at the rate he gains weight..hahaha).

mp said...

awesome!!!

can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

Too cool, my 17 year old niece has on (can you say spoiled) and I love to drive it. It does take some getting used to though!

*Kel* said...

I love it!! That's so awesome- I'm jealous! :-)