Monday, November 12, 2007

Great week :)

Well it's Monday and I'm on my own with the kids for the 1st time in 2 weeks. It was so wonderful having my parents come up the past couple weeks, not only was it great to see them and we had a lot of fun, it's also really nice just to have adult company throughout the day. It's going to be a little adjustment getting used to it being just me here all day again. Anyway this past week with my mom was wonderful, we took the kids to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science which is hands down the coolest musuem I have ever been to. My mom bought us a family pass so we can back as much as we want (which I know will be a lot!) - we went twice this past week (of course I forgot my camera both times). We also took the kids to see the Bee Movie, I was so impressed with Kobe, he sat in his little booster seat with his "snack pack" on his lap and munched popcorn and watched the entire movie totally captivated! I think we'll definitely start going to more movies now that I know how well he'll sit through them. The Bee Movie, by the way, is very cute! We all really liked it a lot.

Kevin got some free ski passes from a friend at work so we decided to drive up to Keystone to take Katie snowboarding. Her & Kevin went up while my mom and I hung out around Keystone with Kobe. Here are some pictures of them:



Keystone was a lot of fun but really crowded (and it's still really early in the season - I can't imagine what it will be like later) and kind of far away. I think we have pretty much decided to get passes for Echo Mountain as it is only 20 miles from our house and isn't as "touristy" so a lot less crowded. I think we are going to sign Katie up for 6 weeks of snowboarding lessons and then 6 weeks of ski lessons so she can learn them both. She had such a great time snowboarding at Keystone and so did Kevin. I think it's cool that this is something they can do together, just the 2 of them. I can really see them bonding through this. :) I can't wait to join them on the slopes next season though!

Some other random updates...

I think it's safe to say that Kobe is pretty much completely potty trained for poop now!!!!! He still doesn't pee on the potty consistently but he has been doing 100% of his poops on it for the past few days. He even tells me he needs to go by patting his butt and when I ask him if he needs to go, he will nod his head yes. He even pooped on the potty while we were out too, once at Starbucks and again at Mimi's restaurant last night. I'm so happy (no more poopy diapers!!!)and he is SO proud of himself - he claps his hands and goes "YAY" after he goes (he always has to get off and turn around to check out his work) :) He's turning into such a big boy, I can't believe the changes in him just this past month. His vocabulary has exploded, he is saying several new words every day, he must have close to 100 words now and even is putting 2 words together. I was getting worried because up until a month ago, he really wasn't talking much but boy has that changed fast! He's such a sweet kid, he says "HI!" to everyone he sees and is just so loving and sweet. If anyone is hurt, he runs over and pats them on the head, he loves to give hugs and kisses and is just the happiest, most good-natured kid. I remember back when I was pregnant with him I prayed and talked to Kyle all the time and asked him to send someone really special to be his brother and now watching Kobe grow up, I know he truly did. :)



Katie has her 1st real cheerleading competition this Sat. at the Denver Convention Center, it is called the "JamFest" and is suppposed to be really big. They have been practicing like crazy and are looking really good. I can't wait to see her up there on the stage! They are taking a Limo from the gym to the competition and she is super excited about that.

We are going to pack up all our stuff on Friday and then after her competition on Sat. we are leaving to drive down to San Antonio! It will be our longest road trip with Kobe, so I'm crossing my fingers that it goes well. We're going to try and do most of our driving at night so he sleeps. I'm really excited about going "home" for Thanksgiving, it feels like it's been a long time since we've been back to S.A. and I really miss it. It will be so nice to see all our family and friends. :)

Besides Kobe's vocabulary, my belly is another thing that seems to have exploded over night! I'm 24 weeks now (6 months) and it has really popped out there. I seem to be carrying him just like I did Kobe, it looks like I'm smuggling a basketball under my shirt. :) I'll have to take some belly pictures soon and post them. I'm really able to feel him moving around a LOT too, Katie loves to lay next to me and feel him move. I'm really enjoying this pregnancy although I'm starting to get a little of the discomforts, like trying to find a comfortable sleeping position and going up and down the stairs (especially living at 8800 ft!) but I'm trying to suck it up and not complain too much because I know it's going to get a lot worse because this baby is still going to triple in size!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Nice pictures!! I wish we had "real" mountains our here so my ski gear could get some good use. For now it sits in the basement.

I am SOO impressed about Kobe's potty training. My nephew just turned 3 on the 7th, and he is just now wearing big boy underwear and pooping on the potty. He is still learning to recognize when he needs to go pee, so he still has accidents - 2 already today. But I'd rather deal with wet undies than poopie undies or diapers anyday!! Well I'll follow your lead and pick up some of the SMALLEST big girl undies available and start with Maddie (she's a whopping 18.5lbs at almost 17mos - can you sense the sarcasm..heehee). She is starting to wander off to do her business in another room and gets all pissy if she has to sit in her poop diaper at all.

Road trip with a toddler...hmmm. I never found my children to sleep for very long while driving at night, but perhaps you will get lucky. Bring lots of band-aids. A box of band-aids may occupy him for a good hour or more. He'll also develop fine motor skills by trying to peel the wrapper open, and peeling off the sticky tabs. He'll have a blast sticking them all over himself. Having Katie "play" along might help. I usually get a couple boxes of the cheapie ones and the a box or 2 of the character ones.

Best of luck with drive and enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family.

The Gomez Family said...

Can't wait for you guys and girls to make it down here to old S.A. :) Kobe is getting sooo tall. Good for you on the potty training biz. Well, take care.

Laura said...

It's amazing to me that Kobe is poppy potty trained. Logan just doesn't seem to be grasping it though at least he tell us most of the time that he has a poop in his diaper - that's got to be progress, eh? He won't sit on the potty for more than 5 seconds and he wants to be up and running again - how do you get them to sit there for any length of time? I tried getting him to count to 10 with me last night, but he still got up mid-way through at 5!

Great to hear about all the changes Kobe is going through - Kyle certainly did deliver a special boy to be his brother!

I can't believe you are 24 weeks already! It seems like time is flying. Sorry to hear about the discomforts! I know what you mean about walking up the stairs - if I have to carry Logan up our stairs, I am winded at the top - I am seriously out of shape and getting OLD! ;)

Best of luck with the long car trip - I hope it goes smoothly and the kids sleep for you. Tell your Mum I said Hi and Happy Thanksgiving!

mp said...

man i wish we could be there snowboarding with you. can't wait to see you guys next week!