Saturday, January 12, 2008

More Pics

Here are the pictures my mom took over Christmas and in P.V., I think some of them turned out really good! http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcsWjVo4ZuGKv

Anyway, Katie and Kevin are off snowboarding this morning and me and Kobe are just hanging out at home. He is turning into such a big boy and is so much fun to be with, he has such a sweet and fun personality. We ate a nice breakfast, read several books, watched Spongebob and Backyardigans together, sang some songs and danced and played with his trains and trucks. I feel like I've been so busy lately with getting the new business up and running, I haven't spent nearly enough "quality" time with him. It's been really nice today just relaxing and being with him, not just "watching" him but really being there on his level, talking and playing together. That is what I always loved about being a stay at home mom and I think I've lost sight of that a little now that I am basically working full time on business stuff in addition to trying to still be a full time mom. It's really hard to balance both those jobs, in addition to trying to keep the house clean with little people constantly making messes all day. Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of what really matters. From now on though I'm going to try and remember to just put everything aside and just enjoy my kids and play with them for a couple hours during the day, business stuff will just have to wait...because really that stuff will always be there but my kids will only be little for such a short time and I don't want to be that mom who was so busy worrying about other stuff, she missed her kids growing up right in front of her. You can't ever go and get that time back, they are only little once and I think I have started to let myself get so caught up in other stuff I started to forget that. Today has been a wonderful reminder for me though that I need to not let myself get so busy that I forget to enjoy the most important things. Anyway, that is my thought for the day. :)

4 comments:

mp said...

i know what you mean...sometimes i forget to "get down on their level" and play. i have so many "plans" for morgan but yet forget to work on them everyday. just yesterday i got her letters out that i swore i would work with her everyday. she loved them and it made me sad that i didn't bring them out more often. sometimes i have to imagine me being in her shoes, looking up at me, saying "momma come pway me" (play with me). how could i say no to that?

Katrina said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

Some of my very best days are when the house is a complete mess and I don't worry about it and I just plop myself down on the floor and then let the little ones come to me with theirs toys. Andrew will bring his matchbox cars and make Vrooom Vroom noises as he pushes them back and forth to me. Aislynn will usually just scoot in next to me and play with my hair or bring me a few of her books. Andrew is big time into building blocks and will hand me a block to stack up and we make it higher and higher until it finally topples over and he will said, "Oh!!" in disappointment. He always gets go bummed when it falls. (So opposite of A.J. who used to build it up just so he could make it fall when he was done.)

You know they always say that kids will not remember how many dirty dishes are in the sink or how clean the floor was...but they will always remember their mommy and daddy playing with them. I've got to keep this in mind more often!!

I'm glad you had some special time with Kobe today! It sounds like it made your heart very happy and full. Don't you just love going to bed at night with that kind of a day behind you?

The Gomez Family said...

Thanks for the message...I also have to remember to spend more one on one time with my babies. I am always so wrapped up in everything else. Enzo really loves to play with his blocks and little people. I have found that playing small board games with him has become a favorite play time for both of us. He loves Memory (Dora, Spongbob, and the original),Dominoes, and his puzzle boards. We are currently working on his colors and shapes. The memory game would be great to play with Kobe. Well, his b-day will come pretty soon---so save that one for us to get him (if you don't already have it). :)

Angela said...

What a great reminder for us all to treasure all the little moments with our "little treasures." But don't beat yourself up too hard for putting so much work into the new business. You are doing it all for them afterall. I'm sure you'll find the right balance one of these days =)