I recently signed Kobe up for a toddler gymnastics class and today was his first day. The name of the class is the "Tumble Bugs" and it is so cute the way Kobe tries to say it... it comes out more "Bumbo Bugs". Anyway he absolutely loved it! Most of the class is just free play in the gym which is something he's been dying to be able to do for months just sitting there watching Katie do all her classes. He ran around like a mad man from the trampoline to the rings (he LOVES to hang and swing from them), jumping in the foam pit, playing on all the mats - I seriously don't think I've ever seen him so excited! All that pent up frustration from having to sit on the side and watch Katie in the gym and not being allowed to go out there was finally released! I just wish I would have brought my camera! It was so fun having Katie there because she ran around with him, helped him up and down on things, wrestled and played with him in the ball pit and gave me some time to just sit and watch them have fun. That is probably my most favorite thing about homeschooling, getting to watch my kids play and bond and love each other all day. It's amazing how even though they are almost 6 yrs. apart, they still play so well together. It's actually nice that Katie is older because she plays down to his level but has the maturity to understand when he doesn't want to share something or is just having a typical toddler meltdown and can talk to him the way I would to calm him down or make him happy. She is such a great big sister and has so much love and patience with him, it's amazing.
I still can't believe Kobe is going to be 2 in two months (almost to the day), when people ask me how old he is now I don't tell them in "months" anymore. I just say "he'll be 2 in March" - I guess that's when you know they aren't a baby anymore - when you don't say their age in months. I just can't believe how fast these past couple years have gone by and how much he is growing up. He is talking like crazy now and is really turning into a full fledged little boy and loves all things wrestling, trucks, trains, balls and Spiderman. I'm so relieved and happy to announce that he is very close to being totally potty trained now. He is wearing undies all the time at home now and very rarely has accidents anymore. When he does have an accident, he grabs himself while it is happening and dances around going "potty! potty!" so it's just a matter of him really learning to control the "hold it" muscle a little better and I think soon he will be accident free. :) Just in time for me to get start all over again with the diapers for Kaleb, lol. Yesterday I got one of those free diaper sample things in the mail from Huggies and I pulled out the tiny newborn diaper and actually got all teary looking at it. I forgot how tiny they are! I am so ready to meet this next little baby and do it all over again. :) I think I will be very sad when the day comes that I am "done" with all things baby.
Anyway, things are going so-so with Hip Monkey, we've only sold 6 car seats so far so I am kind of freaking out about how I'm going to pay the bill for the 73 I ordered that are sitting in my garage! I was really hoping to see more activity than this. I do seem to get a ton of phone calls from people asking me questions out the seats and stuff. I've been working a lot on trying to add more products and have things in the works with Kidopatamus and Kidco - both of them make a lot of great products so I'm excited to start selling them. I think I need to work on advertising and letting more people know about us, but it is SO freakin expensive. I tried being a sponsored link on google for a day and it ended up costing me over $200 just for one day and ironically, I didn't sell one single thing that day! It's hard to know how much to spend and where to spend it best on advertising. I'm in the process of getting listed with Nextag and Amazon, so hopefully we'll see some more traffic from them soon.
Anyway, that's my latest update. Oh and I am doing fine after the fall, most of the soreness has subsided and I'm just left with the original pubic bone seperation pain - which still isn't fun but I've only got a couple weeks left so I'm trying to enjoy the end of my pregnancy despite it. Kaleb is super active, probably my most active baby ever (not sure if that's going to translate into a hyper kid - I hope not though! I was really hoping for another super mellow baby like Kyle) His favorite thing to do right now is stretch out and jam me in the hip bone and the ribs at the same time. That's a good way to make mommy jump and yell - good fun. ;)
Oh I almost forgot - we FINALLY sold the van!! It took 3 months but we finally have a buyer. We are meeting them tonight to actually give them the van and get the money (all of which goes directly to Toyota to pay it off - but at least we won't have that payment anymore!) We're meeting them at a restuarant so I'm hoping that I'll be able to actually spend some time with Kevin tonight too. He is getting slammed at work right now and has been coming home late every night and then staying up till the AM working on his computer doing stuff for work. Maybe tonight we can have a nice dinner out and both take a break from obsessing over work!
5 comments:
aww i wish you could've taken pics of kobe running around the gym. how cute!
hmmm....how can we advertise more?? the only thing that comes to mind is a magnet for your car. like a big one.
well it was good to hear from you today. i hope you and kevin have a good evening at the resturaunt.
Kobe is too cute. :) I can not believe you are almost ready to have the baby. I can not wait to meet baby Kaleb. Let me know when ya'll come down. We miss ya'll. Take care.
A great way to advertise,that is inexpensive is to have a web button made up that links to your store. (with a cute logo) You can ask other bloggers to put the button on their side bar... (there is a lot of bloggers who get thousands of hits a day, and by simply mentioning your store could get you a lot of traffic)
Also, I would contact www.coolmompicks.com - and see if they might feature your store.
The Parent Bloggers (http://blog.parentbloggers.com/) also do a good job of getting the word out on new products.
Hope this helps!!
Apparently, my friend Kami knows quite a bit about advertising in different blogs too, also Wondertime and magazines like that. I will ask her for advice.
Both Kobe and Katie seem to be absolutely precious. I can just envision Kobe tearing up the gym! And Katie must be wise beyond her years to understand how self-centered toddlers can be at times, yet know exactly how to react to make the situation better. My 8yo niece is definitely not that mature. She still fights with both Nathan and her 3yo brother.
Congrats on selling the van. I know that definitely helps with your stress level considering your garage is now filled with stock you need to sell also.
Post a Comment