





Today is my blog posting day :) I never did get around to posting these pics after we took the kids that weekend to the Apex Center. They had so much fun & the best part is, it is super cheap! You can spend all day there with the kids and not spend more than $20. We usually spend twice that at Chuck E. Cheese and this is so much cooler. They also have an ice skating rink there too, we didn't have enough time to go though. We'll definitely be going back again soon though. :)
So not much new to report besides the fact that I am so ready to have this baby! Last weekend we got out all Kobe's baby clothes (I can't count how many times I held an outfit up for Kevin to see and said "aww, do you remember when he used to wear this?") & I got them all washed and ready to be worn again. I also ordered a Britax Companion infant seat and we got it all adjusted with the the little Kiddopotamus posh pouch thingie that goes over the seat and has a little hole for his head to peep out. It looks too cute and hopefully will keep him warm and protected from the snow. It's sitting in the living room and I keep staring at it 100 times a day and can't wait to actually see Kaleb in it. I guess we'll go ahead and install in the car this weekend so that we'll be ready to head to the birthing center when I go into labor. I thought it might happen today as I was pulling, lifting and pushing car seats all over the place trying to get them ready for the Fed Ex guy. Kevin will usually get them all ready to go out, but we had 7 orders come in after he left for work but before FedEx got here and I really wanted to get them out today. After I was done, I was contracting like crazy and I couldn't feel my fingers, lips or nose because it was so freaking cold and windy outside. Craziness! But I did it, I got them all out! I find that I've been telling myself the same thing a lot lately...whenever I'm exhausted but the kids need lunch, Kobe is screaming about something, the phone is ringing, emails need to be answered, orders need to be shipped - all at the same time (which happens quite frequently), I tell myself the same simple thing in my mind.... "Get tougher"...and it actually works! It's my little way to make myself keep going. I quit feeling sorry for myself and just get it done. It's kind of a mantra I guess I've been living with since I lost Kyle. You can't get anywhere feeling sorry for yourself and giving up everytime things get hard so you just "get tougher" and all of the sudden, things get easier. Seems like too much work for one person to handle? Get tougher...Now it's not. It's amazing how much power your mind has over your body. It's sort of the same thing with the hypnobabies and how I had a totally natural labor with Kobe and it wasn't that painful at all. It's all your state of mind. You get to your breaking point and find a way to push through and then you realize that you are capable of so much more than you ever thought. Pearls of wisdom I tell ya...lol - Maybe I should relabel this blog "Deep thoughts by Christine", or maybe it's more like brain farts from an over tired mom? I love having a place to ramble. :)
5 comments:
Wow! That place is AWESOME! I love the pics. Katie is growing up to be such a lovely little lady. And Kobe is such a handsome little guy. So, i hope your feeling ok. Miss ya! :)
that place looks really cool! i hope we get to visit the Apex in a few weeks :)
Love the "get tougher" motto. I try to do that often too but don't really have an official saying so looks like "get tougher" will be it!
Cant wait to see pics of Kaleb in his carseat :) Hang in there! I think you are one tough chick :)
Brain farts! LOL! I need to use your "get tougher" mantra! I totally wimped with Logan's delivery - I have lower back issues and then he was a back labor baby - I literally was exhausted and in terrible pain. I couldn't find a way to push through at all. I am hoping this delivery will be more straight forward and I can try to go the full way without an epi.
The Apex place looks amazing! I wish there was something like that here!
Which cover did you get for the companion? Though, I guess, I probably won't need one this time around. Probably by the time winter comes around, this one will be out of the infant seat.
I'll listen to any "deep thoughts" you have to share anytime!
That Apex Center looks awesome. Perhaps we'll check it out this summer.
I LOVE that Kiddopotamus cover. It so cute and so plush. But unfortunately the Graco Safe Seat is sooo much bigger than most infant seats that it didn't stay on very well when I tried it out in the store. I ended up finding a similar one at WalMart for $13 that had a little bit more room so it first perfect.
Post a Comment