Thursday, February 7, 2008

The next American Idol

Last night Katie's AWANA group held a talent show (about 30 kids). Katie had decided she wanted to sing the National Anthem, she loves to sing but she's never done it in front of a large crowd before so I wasn't sure if she'd actually go through with it. Well last night when they called her name, she went right up there and just belted it out. I could tell she was a little nervous before she went up and thought she might sing real quietly or something but nope, she sang her little heart out and was so beautiful. She got the loudest applause by far and ended up winning first place. They called 3rd place, then 2nd and I could tell she was nervous that she wouldn't win anything but then they called 1st place and her name and she was so excited. The director even invited her to go sing next week at an event they are doing for a retirement home. :) Watching her up there was definitely one of those proud, tears in your eyes, mommy moments. I'm so amazed by her courage and confidence and blown away at the beautiful, talented young girl she is growing up to be. Of course I forgot my video camera - still kicking myself over that, but will definitely bring it next week to record her singing at the Life Care Center. :)

6 comments:

Cristina Elliott said...

I am so glad to see that Katie is singing and that she won first place..how exciting. I can't wait to feel like a proud mom like you! I can't wait to see what the future brings for her.

The Gomez Family said...

Way to go Katie! We know where she gets her talents. ;)Can't wait to see her singing...

mp said...

aww how cute. Tanner would've never done that! I can't wait to see video from next week :)

Katrina said...

WOW -- that's so neat that she did that. She's such a beautiful girl. I bet her singing voice is just as beautiful.

Angela said...

Well I guess we know who she gets her courage from when she's on stage. You certainly wouldn't see me doing that at ANY age! Way to go Katie! I am sure you guys are SOOOOOOO proud of her. Surely only more good things will come from her in the future =)

By the way great job, momma, encouraging her talents, her spirit, and her self-esteem.

Laura said...

Katie has a beautiful voice, so I am not surprised about her winning first place. She obviously gets her stage confidence from her Mama!

Congrats Katie!