Friday, February 22, 2008

Yes...I'm STILL Pregnant...

UGH. This post will probably be all over the place because I am so far beyond exhausted, there isn't a word for it. So yes, I'm still pregnant in what has become the longest pregnancy of my life. No seriously, this is the longest I have ever been pregnant, all my other babies had been born by now. It's a weird feeling knowing that with my previous pregnancies I was already holding my baby at this point, but this time I'm just still sitting here huge and pregnant. Guess what... it doesn't get any more fun to go longer. This baby feels huge, he literally can't move anymore. I'm constantly freaking out and checking his heart rate with my doppler because I don't feel him move for hours but his heart rate is always strong, he is just so darn cramped in there he can't move an inch. So why oh why won't he come out already?! I can't sleep, I toss and turn all night and am so uncomfortable, my stomach feels so hard and tight and stretched and hey, here's some fun - I'm getting new stretch marks! I mean, what the ??? I got none with Katie, a few with Kyle (because I had a low thyroid and gained 50 lbs.), none with Kobe but now I'm getting new ones on my belly and I've only gained like 30 lbs. It's because he's too freakin big, my belly is being stretched to new limits and he needs to come out already! Kevin is speculating that maybe because we live at such a high altitude, he needs to "gestate" (is that a word?) longer to get his lungs ready for the challenge of living up here. So if that's the case, I do want him to stay in as long as he needs to, but boy will I be happy when he finally is ready. I've been having contractions for 3 days now, but they never settle into a regular pattern. Oh well, I know it's just a matter of days now so I'm going to try to summon up some more patience! Hopefully the next time you hear from me, it will be to tell you about my awesome birth that only took 30 minutes and the baby just fell right out with no pain or pushing at all, LOL. Hey, I can wish can't I?

OK, on to some other updates... Kevin is doing really well after his accident and seems to have almost completely recovered. I think he'll need to go to a Chiropractor for his back but other than that, has walked away from a pretty serious wreck almost untouched. It really is amazing. I think he had a little guardian angel named Kyle with him that day for sure. :)

Kids are doing well, Kobe is changing so much so fast, it's just incredible. He is now speaking in sentences and puts these little pauses between each word, it's so cute! He is also 100% potty trained at home now and wears undies all the time. The only time I put a diaper on him is when we go out but I'm very close to not needing to because he is getting really reliable about telling me when he needs to go, even when we are out and almost always keeps his diaper dry. So YAY! I'm very happy we got that accomplished before Kaleb gets here.

Katie is doing awesome in all her school subjects, is reading really well and showing quite a talent for math (got that from her dad for sure!). She's enjoying gymnastics - we ended up pulling her out of her cheerleading gym because the commute was getting to be too much and putting her in a local gymnastics place. She's on the pre-team and will probably move onto the competitive team as soon as she catches back up on all the beam, bar and vault skills she didn't get to work on this past year.

Still no word from the insurance as to what they are going to give us for Kevin's car so we are still down to sharing one vehicle for a while. Hopefully we can get him something soon because this arrangement wont work for very long.

Hip Monkey is doing well, we had a big sale last weekend and sold over 50 seats! It was complete madness and had both me and Kevin running like crazy until 1:00am every night - I was even dreaming about business stuff, it was nuts. We got them all processed and shipped out (well almost all, we're still waiting to receive some seats that need to be shipped) There is no way we could keep up that pace on a daily basis without some serious help, but it's nice to know the potential is there if we want to get bigger. This week I took down the google ads and put the prices back to normal and things were much slower but also much more manageable. It's a hard call on deciding how much to advertise and push this because, yeah bringing in lots of business is great, but it's a TON of work and I can only handle so much per day by myself. The biggest thing I wasn't expecting is the level of customer support that is required. My phone was ringing literally ALL day long with people that had questions about the website, questions about the seats, questions about shipping, etc. I didn't get off the phone or computer for 3 days straight, it was crazy. We're having another sale this weekend but have a lot of competition now because it's the "Big" Bi-annual Britax sale so everyone else is having sales as well so it probably won't be as crazy as last weekend. Some of these other stores are selling seats so cheap they are barely breaking even, it's nuts. I don't think I'm going to join in on that - the idea of working my butt off for next to nothing just doesn't sound all that appealing. I think I'll just lower my price to the least amount I can sell for and still make a decent profit this week and then have my future sales when no one else is having one and make money that way instead of trying to jump into the full on craziness this week and spare myself hours and hours of working for free. Especially when I am about to have a baby soon.... I hope!

So that's what's new with us - I'm sorry I've been so bad about staying in touch. My life lately has been nothing but kids and work...somehow I need to figure out how to add a social life in there, there just never seems to be enough time. Well I'm off to go time contractions and hope they actually, finally turn into something!

6 comments:

Glum Betty said...

Oh my goodness you have your hands full! I can imagine you having a phone in one hand and cutting Kaleb's umbilical cord with the other, lol. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Or if I can send anything for Kaleb :) I feel like poo not being able to help out!
Jess

Angela said...

Great update! Glad to hear you are all doing well and that you're hanging in there! Here's to hoping those contractions become more regular SOON!

Such exciting news that the new business is going so well for you. Like you weren't already busy enough =P There's already been some chatter on the boards about Hip Monkey, positive stuff...yay! So the word is getting out there!

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that Kaleb isn't super huge and that your labor is calm, peaceful, pain-free, and QUICK!

Thinking of you.....

*Kel* said...

Glad to hear everyone is okay, even though you are still pregnant! ;-) Hopefully by the time you read this you won't be though!!!! (Crossing fingers for you!)

That's awesome about Hip Monkey doing well last weekend. Hopefully now that more people know about it they will pass it on.

Love ya!

Laura said...

Hope Kaleb is making an appearance today!

mp said...

~~~~~~~~~~baby vibes~~~~~~~~~~~

Glum Betty said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited that you are both doing well :) Can't wait to see pics...I am so happy for you :) Love you guys!
JESSICA AND FAMILY