


Today was my 1st baby's 1st day of THIRD grade! Third grade! How is it possible that she is getting so old? After this year she will only have 2 more years of elementary school and then comes middle school! Ahh! I hope she is more focused and better than I was when she gets to be that age. I honestly think she will be. She is still so sweet and innocent and I want that to last as long as possible. Hopefully this school will be a good fit for her. It's REALLY small, like 35 kids in the entire elem. school! There are only 12 kids in her entire class. That is the primary reason we chose that school, I feel like she will get a lot of one-on-one attention and not get lost in the shuffle. It's also a Christian school and I like the fact that they will teach her about making right choices and are allowed to pray and talk about God. I already know I'm going to miss homeschooling her but with everything else on my plate right now - the business, the Foundation and 2 other little ones who need my time and attention, I think it is the best choice for her so that her education doesn't suffer because I'm so busy with so many other things. She is super excited and woke up on her own at 6:30AM this morning and came in to wake us up already completely dressed and ready to go! I wonder how long that will last? LOL I got up and made her a nice breakfast and packed her lunch and then Kevin drove her to school. I just pray that she has a good teacher. We met her last night at the back to school night and she wasn't as sweet and friendly as Katie's previous (Kinder and 1st grade) teachers have been. She was "ok" but didn't immediately win me over like her past teachers did. I know that ultimately it doesn't matter how great the school is, the only thing that matters is the teacher. I was kind of concerned last night after we came home and talked it over with Kevin and we decided to give it a couple weeks and see how Katie feels about her. If she doesn't like her than I have no problem going around to all the other schools in the area and meeting the 3rd grade teachers until we find one we like. I will not force her to stay in a classroom with a crappy teacher. But hopefully this teacher will work out and we can stay where we are. :)
Of course in my heart there is always sadness because I know this should also be Kyle's 1st day of 1st grade. My sweet bubby boy, 6 years old now. I close my eyes and can picture both of them standing side by side with their backpacks ready to head off to school together. I wish so badly I could open my eyes and it be real.
With all this back to school talk and preparation, Kobe has decided he wants to go to school too. Every time we go to Katie's school he wants to know where is his school? He puts his back pack on every day and says he is ready to go to school. :) He was MAD this morning when woke up and asked where Katie was and I told him that she went to school. He said "I want to go to school too!" then he asks "Is dad coming back to get me to take me to my school?" Poor little guy.
I have never sent one of my kids to school this early but he is really sure he wants to go. Katie's school does have a pre-k program that is T/Th from 9-12 that we are considering putting him in. It seems silly to me to put him in a pre-k program when I am already home AND we have a full time nanny but if it's something he really wants to do and would enjoy then maybe I should let him.
He is going to be doing a Tumble Bugs (toddler gymnastics) and Music Train (kind of like Kindermusic) classes this year so maybe that will be enough for him and get him off his "school" obsession. We'll see. He is growing up so fast, it's incredible. He is so tall and talks so well, it's easy to forget he's only 2. Everywhere we go people always assume he's at least 3yrs. old. He is such a sweet heart too, he gives the tightest hugs and will say "I love you" out of the blue all the time. He is still completely obsessed with riding his 4-wheeler and melts down at least once a day when I tell him he can't go on it. He would ride it all day if I let him and asks about 100 times a day - just this morning I caught him after he snuck outside, got on his 4-wheeler and STARTED IT!! I ran out there when I heard it and he shut it off really quick when he saw me and jumped off and says "I was just turning it off" and lifts his hands up in that "I wasn't doing anything" way. It took all I had not to laugh and be stern and tell him he can NOT go on his 4-wheeler by himself. Crazy boy.
I have been busy this week lining up all our fall activities, Kobe has the 2 classes I mentioned and Katie has ballet once a week, gymnastics twice a week, piano once a week and soccer once a week with games on the weekend! Yikes. I don't want to "overschedule" her but these are all things she wants to do. She will have an activity every day after school. We may cut soccer out because she only wants to play if it is an all-girls league which I'm not entirely sure it is. She played last year and it was co-ed and it was ridiculous. By this age the boys are much more aggressive and faster and she ended up getting hurt more than once by a stupid little boy who thinks soccer involves shoving people and/or slamming into them. We pulled her out mid-season and were told that the all-girl teams start in the U9 division (which is what she is this year) - so we'll see. I registered her online but haven't heard anything from her coach yet. One thing is certain, it's going to be a very busy year!!
Kaleb is growing by leaps and bounds too, he will be 6 months old on the 28th. I can't believe half a year has already gone by! He is getting so big, we weighed him last week and he was 22 pounds! I haven't measured his length in a while but I know he's getting big because he has completely outgrown all the 6-12 month stuff and is now in all 12-18 month size clothes. It's incredible how fast he has grown. He is starting to sit up by himself and trying really hard to get up on his hands and knees. He gets the back end up or the front end up but can't quite seem to get both ends up at the same time yet. He has the sweetest personality and is just all smiles. It's impossible not to fall in love with him.
So there's our "kid" update. One other really great thing that has happened recently is that Kevin isn't working on the Qwest account anymore so he is able to work from home the majority of the time now!!! I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me and how awesome it is to have him around. He is much happier and he really likes the clients that he has now so things are much happier in the Miller Casa these days. :) Looking forward to seeing what this new school year brings!
Of course in my heart there is always sadness because I know this should also be Kyle's 1st day of 1st grade. My sweet bubby boy, 6 years old now. I close my eyes and can picture both of them standing side by side with their backpacks ready to head off to school together. I wish so badly I could open my eyes and it be real.
With all this back to school talk and preparation, Kobe has decided he wants to go to school too. Every time we go to Katie's school he wants to know where is his school? He puts his back pack on every day and says he is ready to go to school. :) He was MAD this morning when woke up and asked where Katie was and I told him that she went to school. He said "I want to go to school too!" then he asks "Is dad coming back to get me to take me to my school?" Poor little guy.
I have never sent one of my kids to school this early but he is really sure he wants to go. Katie's school does have a pre-k program that is T/Th from 9-12 that we are considering putting him in. It seems silly to me to put him in a pre-k program when I am already home AND we have a full time nanny but if it's something he really wants to do and would enjoy then maybe I should let him.
He is going to be doing a Tumble Bugs (toddler gymnastics) and Music Train (kind of like Kindermusic) classes this year so maybe that will be enough for him and get him off his "school" obsession. We'll see. He is growing up so fast, it's incredible. He is so tall and talks so well, it's easy to forget he's only 2. Everywhere we go people always assume he's at least 3yrs. old. He is such a sweet heart too, he gives the tightest hugs and will say "I love you" out of the blue all the time. He is still completely obsessed with riding his 4-wheeler and melts down at least once a day when I tell him he can't go on it. He would ride it all day if I let him and asks about 100 times a day - just this morning I caught him after he snuck outside, got on his 4-wheeler and STARTED IT!! I ran out there when I heard it and he shut it off really quick when he saw me and jumped off and says "I was just turning it off" and lifts his hands up in that "I wasn't doing anything" way. It took all I had not to laugh and be stern and tell him he can NOT go on his 4-wheeler by himself. Crazy boy.
I have been busy this week lining up all our fall activities, Kobe has the 2 classes I mentioned and Katie has ballet once a week, gymnastics twice a week, piano once a week and soccer once a week with games on the weekend! Yikes. I don't want to "overschedule" her but these are all things she wants to do. She will have an activity every day after school. We may cut soccer out because she only wants to play if it is an all-girls league which I'm not entirely sure it is. She played last year and it was co-ed and it was ridiculous. By this age the boys are much more aggressive and faster and she ended up getting hurt more than once by a stupid little boy who thinks soccer involves shoving people and/or slamming into them. We pulled her out mid-season and were told that the all-girl teams start in the U9 division (which is what she is this year) - so we'll see. I registered her online but haven't heard anything from her coach yet. One thing is certain, it's going to be a very busy year!!
Kaleb is growing by leaps and bounds too, he will be 6 months old on the 28th. I can't believe half a year has already gone by! He is getting so big, we weighed him last week and he was 22 pounds! I haven't measured his length in a while but I know he's getting big because he has completely outgrown all the 6-12 month stuff and is now in all 12-18 month size clothes. It's incredible how fast he has grown. He is starting to sit up by himself and trying really hard to get up on his hands and knees. He gets the back end up or the front end up but can't quite seem to get both ends up at the same time yet. He has the sweetest personality and is just all smiles. It's impossible not to fall in love with him.
So there's our "kid" update. One other really great thing that has happened recently is that Kevin isn't working on the Qwest account anymore so he is able to work from home the majority of the time now!!! I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me and how awesome it is to have him around. He is much happier and he really likes the clients that he has now so things are much happier in the Miller Casa these days. :) Looking forward to seeing what this new school year brings!
5 comments:
awww, such a sweet picture. she look so excited!
holy cow you will have your hands full!!! it will be good for all of them though to be so active.
morgan did the same thing and that's why i put her in her Mother's Day Out last year. she loved it and never looked back. it will be good for him to be with other kids his age doing scheduled stuff, like eating lunch, story time, craft time. i know he does all that at home too but i think he would like it better if he had a couple other 2 year olds with him.
plus it's cute when they come home talking about friends. morgan used to talk about a little boy named noah all the time.
(just this second morgan yelled at matthew for laying on her blanket and yelled "that's my blanket for school! get off!" it's her blanket that she took last year for nap time :) so cute.)
She looks so excited to be heading off to school!!! I hope her teacher works out and everyone is happy with her.
My boys LOVE to have MDO a few days a week- they love having kids their own age to play with. I bet Kobe would love it too and do great at it since he really wants to go. You could at least try it out and if it doesn't work, it's no big deal! :-)
Glad things are going well for you guys and I LOVED the pictures of the boys in the post below- I can't believe how big Kaleb has gotten!!!! Blayden only weighs 25 pounds and he's almost 19 months! LOL
Wow, Katie looks so grown up! I hope her first day of school goes great and that the teacher perhaps just doesn't make a good first impression. but will end up being sweet and just the kind of teacher you are hoping for.
How cute that Kobe wants to go to school...just like his big sis! I had one who insisted on going to "school" way earlier than I was planning -- finally at age 3 I signed her up for two mornings a week. It was a good decision. Some kids are just ready for it at a younger age. Kobe looks older and acts older than his age. He is potty trained already and talks so well... he just might be ready for a few mornings a week somewhere:)
Awwhh...Katie looks so grown up. LOVE the backpack and lunch buddy, btw!
Maddie is going to a new pre-pre-school type program through our park district. A parent has to stay, but it's one day a week for 1.5hrs. It should be fun. Long will obviously be taking her for awhile in the beginning since he obviously can't nurse a newborn...hahaha! And Nathan is in a MWF 2.5hr program for 4yo. They both start the week of 9/8 so I better get my back-to-school shopping done before baby comes.
I am SO, SO, SO happy for you that Kevin gets to work remotely the majority of the time now. I am sure that is a HUGE load off of your shoulders. And with fall/winter right around the corner that means he won't be driving in hazardous weather/road conditions as often. I'm sure that eases a lot of your worry too.
Sounds like everything is just falling into place for you, and I look forward to seeing how much Hip Monkey will grow over the next few years now that you have some great support both on the job and at home.
Great to hear that Kevin got a break from Qwest!!! That's awesome news to read. The kids are all growing up so quickly! I can't believe Taran will be three months soon! Where does the time go.
I hope Katie likes her school - how cute is Kobe that he wants to go too! I am sure Kyle would have been an ace student and all his teachers would have fallen in love with him, the way the rest of the world has fallen in love with him and your family too!
XXXX
Post a Comment