I'm a spoiled brat. Really, I am. I complain about wanting to move somewhere else when I already live in one of the most beautiful places in the world. People come from all over the world to vacation in the Rocky Mountains and I get to live here. I have to admit, as much as I'd like to live at the beach, living in the mountains is pretty darn nice. The air is crisp and clean and smells like pine all the time. There are all kinds of wildlife walking around in our own backyard - we had a herd of at least 40 Elk in our yard the other day. And the weather (at least April through Oct.) is absolutely gorgeous - it's been in the mid 70's for 6 months straight. Now that fall is officially here it is getting cooler at night and all the Aspens have turned yellow, but it is still in the 70's during the day. The sun is warm but the breeze is cool, it's the kind of weather where you just have to sit back, close your eyes, take a deep breath and smile. I saw this article on MSN today about America's most stressful cities and it made me stop and appreciate how good we have it up here. I am so not a big city girl, I love to be able to see the stars at night and listen to the birds chirp. I can't stand traffic, it makes me so tense and stressed out and it's something I definitely don't miss living up here. It's just getting better too, we have (and are getting more) so many conveniences of the city with none of hassle. The new restaurants that went up recently are incredible, very upscale and delicious food and never a wait! They are building a gas station and convenience store at the bottom of our subdivision so now a gallon of milk or midnight cookie craving is only a minute away. I don't know that it can get much better than this. Maybe we should work towards getting a condo at the beach for vacations and keeping the house in the mountains. :)
Today was such a peaceful, relaxing day just staying home enjoying the beautiful place we live, it really made me stop and appreciate what we have.
Now the sun is going down and it's getting cool so it's time to go put on some cozy pj's and light a fire in the wood stove. :) The only thing that could make this day any better is if tomorrow wasn't Monday~

4 comments:
It really is beautiful where you live.
We are the opposite of you: we live near the beach and love it, yet we want a vacation home in the mountains :)
i hear ya on the mondays!
I think the vacation home at the beach is a wonderful idea - then you get the best of both worlds!!!!
Nothing wrong with having dreams for the future, but still enjoying where you live now. I do it all the time myself, and I know I should be thankful for the wonderful, blessed life that we have here despite the frigid weather we get 4-5 months out of the year.
Post a Comment