Friday, February 13, 2009

Dejavu

So redesigning Hip Monkey has been a LOT more work than I thought. I feel like I'm doing the exact same thing I was almost exactly a year ago. I've been working around 12 hours a day on it (along with our web designer!) and it still isn't finished. It's looking darn good though if I do say so myself. Check it out if you haven't yet. I am also in the process of adding a bunch of new product lines so that is really time consuming as well. My goal this next year is to branch into a full scale baby store. Hey, our competitors all did between $20-30 Million in gross online sales last year each - why can't we?! The market is there and actually some of our competitors are going under so that just means more market share for us! :) I'm really excited about the new site, our new products and this next year. I finally feel like I know what I am doing now and how to keep growing this business into something much bigger. My biggest hope is that this year will be very profitable and the Foundation will be able to really grow through it as well. I still really need to find a grant writer for the Foundation. I think there is so much grant money out there that we would qualify for but just aren't applying. Now that I'm not having to do all the customer service and shipping for Hip Monkey anymore I am going to put a lot of my time and focus back onto the Foundation and trying to get it to grow as well.

Anyway, enough work stuff, even though that is pretty much what has been consuming all my time and thoughts lately. We are settling into the new house and I'm sorry I haven't posted pics yet but my camera cord is somewhere in a box in the garage. I'll get some up soon though I promise! In the meantime here are a few pics from the listing agent, they are kind of crappy and have their name plastered across the image but I guess it's better than nothing. I'll post better pics soon.



The kids are doing well and having so much fun in the new house. It's so cool, if you get bored you can just go to another level or place in the house. It's so huge, it's kind of ridiculous but very refreshing after being so cramped up in our old house. Speaking of our old house, Kevin has been over there working his butt off everyday that he can, trying to get it ready in time for our renters. We are taking a trip to Puerto Vallarta on the 21st of this month (it was planned months ago before we even knew we were moving) so we have to have everything ready for them to move in by then because we'll still be out of town on the 1st. All those half finished projects are suddenly "must finish projects". I'll be so glad once he is done and we can spend this next year with NO home improvement projects!!

I can't believe in two weeks my baby is going to be a year old already! This past year has literally been one big blur. In retrospect, a new business and a new baby in the same year probably wasn't the most sane idea! He is so close to walking, he will walk about 10 steps between me and Kevin when we sit on the floor and if I hold one of his hands or barely hang on to the back of his shirt he will walk all over the house. If he doesn't start walking by his birthday he will be my first baby to not be fully walking by the time they turned 1. We'll see, a lot can change in a week or two. He's going to celebrate his 1st b'day on the beach in Mexico, pretty cool huh? We're going to have to get him a cake that says "Feliz Cumpleanos"! :)

4 comments:

Angela said...

To quote Kobe regarding your house, "That's off the chain dawg!" That was one of you "BUT" houses. You guys have like 3 or 4 times the space you had at the other house!!!! Congrats!!

If there's anything I can do to help with HipMonkey while you are on vacation, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to add some new product/lines if you like. Just let me know. You know I am always more than happy to help alleviate some of your burden, so spread the load momma!!!

Laura said...

Wow - the new place is amazing!!! Logan took his first steps the day before his 1st birthday....Taran is beginning to pull up and is getting up on his hands and needs - maybe he will be crawling soon! It will be fun to see if Taran beats Logan to the walking or not!

Have fun in Mexico!!!!

mp said...

my gosh is that the house? geez man, we could all live in there and still have room left! seriously, how about we move in, we split the rent, and move hipmonkey back to colorado. adam could teach at the local college and me and you could open a store front. we could be one big happy family and we could all save money by living together. and we could go grocery shopping like the duggers and save by cooking in every night.

what do you think?

*Kel* said...

You're house is beautiful!! I LOVE all the windows!! How about we move in with you guys and the Parkers, and Matt could build swimming pools in the area?? Then we'd REALLY be like the Duggars, but still minus a few! LOL

No, really though, I love your house- it looks wonderful! I'm so happy for you guys!!!! Have fun in Mexico- I'm jealous!!!