Sunday, February 8, 2009
Moving sucks...but I love our new house!
I wish I could just wave a magic wand and have all of our stuff disappear from our old house and magically reappear at our new house. Instead we have been moving all our junk for 3 days now and still have a ton of random stuff to box up and move from the old house. The good news is that all our furniture, clothes and food have been moved over so we are now officially living in the new house. It's crazy how much space we have now, I absolutely love it. The kids love their new rooms and the whole kids upstairs thing is really working out much better than I thought. It's like their own little world up there and they go up and I don't see or hear from them for hours! They have jack n' jill rooms that share a bathroom and they love having their own space. There are 2 sinks in their bathroom so they have a "his and hers" Katie is already decorating her half all girly. There is a 3rd bedroom up there that has it's own private bath so we are using it as a guest bedroom for now but if we stay here long term it will probably be Kaleb's room one day. The upstairs is actually only over half the house (the main level living room has a 2 story height ceiling) and there is a loft up there that is open to the living room so it feels really open. The kids can come out of the rooms and look down at the living room from the loft and talk to us. It's hard to explain but my point is that even when they are upstairs, they don't feel very far away. We have a dedicated playroom on the main level that is adjacent and open to the living room and Kaleb is having a blast in there. All of his toys fit in there and then some. He'll definitely have room for all the toys I'm sure he'll be getting for his birthday at the end of the month. He also loves to run all over the house in his walker since there is so much more space for him to move around now. The kitchen is amazing, I have so much cabinet space now it is so wonderful. Now I can finally see us hosting dinners and having gatherings at our house. We've been having a ton of fun in the walkout basement that has a media room and pool table. My mom and I played a game of pool last night and had a lot of fun. I think that was the first time I've played pool since high school! We watched Iron Man in the media room last night and it seriously is just like being at the movies with the surround sound and everything, it's crazy. I still can't believe we get to live here, I keep thinking someone is going to come in and say "No you guys need to get out, this is too nice for you" LOL The crazy part is that it isn't that much more than we were paying for our old house. I'd really love to buy this house after our house sells, I love the house and the area so much I could really see us living here for a very long time. Well Kevin just got home with pizza - we're having pizza and a movie night. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
agh, can't WAIT to see it!!!
I wanna see it !! - post some pics when you can. It sounds awesome!
POST PICS SOON!!!!! We don't care if there are moving boxes everywhere...LOL!
Post a Comment