I could never be a politician. I feel so weird asking people to vote for me. I decided to put in a submission for this "Leading Moms in Business" contest. I figured it would be good publicity for Hip Monkey and the Foundation if I won but I just feel so awkward asking people to vote for me. Where is Napoleon to stump for me when I need him? I need home made t-shirts and some sweet dance moves. (If you aren't a Napoleon Dynamite fan just ignore those last 2 sentences...and then go rent it because you are missing out on the funniest movie in whole dang world.) ;)
It's weird, I feel totally at ease and comfortable up on a stage, acting as a character, in front of hundreds of people but if I have to give a speech or get any sort of attention as myself I feel all nervous and self conscious.
Well we are back home now but it won't be "home" for much longer. We have movers coming on Friday and have to get everything packed up and ready before then. Thankfully my mom came back with us to help out. I'm really excited about moving to our new house but also kind of sad to leave our old house. It has been home for 2 years now, I wasn't even pregnant with Kaleb when we moved in here and now he is almost a year old. So much has happened in this house, even Hip Monkey was started in the garage here. We've had lots of fun and wonderful memories here. I'm really glad we're not selling it and just renting it out. I'm just not ready to let it go forever yet.
Our trip to San Antonio was nice but unfortunately the boys took turns being sick pretty much the whole time we were there so we were only able to get together with my family that was in town once towards the end of the week. Even though we didn't get to visit too much, it was still nice just being back in SA and eating at all the restaurants they don't have here. I love me some Bill Miller's barbecue and sweet tea!
With the craziness this week of trying to balance kids, work and moving our entire house I probably won't be able to blog too much but I'll try and at least get some pics of the new house and post them soon.
2 comments:
Best of luck with the move and hope the kids have either recovered or are on the way to feeling better.
Hope the move goes well! I have the word out and I emailed you a button to put on your blog that will take people to your voting page!
Post a Comment