So after watching the Twilight DVD, I decided to reread the book again (I have a problem, I know.) Anyway, I just can't get over how much they left out of the movie. Really important stuff like Alice & Bella's entire relationship. Jasper and Rosalie pretty much have one line each and they don't even go into Jasper's abilities at all. Don't even get me started on the hack job they did of the meadow scene which is THE pivotal scene in the whole book. I also hate the casting, I mean these are supposed to be the most beautiful people on the planet - inhumanely beautiful, which the actors they cast just, well, weren't. Let's not even get into the terrible acting. I know I've gone into it before so I won't rehash my complaints but I started thinking about who I would cast if they were to redo the movie (which I strongly hope they do someday). Anyway, I couldn't sleep and started searching the net for my ideal cast and decided to put all the pics together, downloaded the Twilight theme song and viola - I made a slideshow. :) Let me know what you think - agree, disagree with my choices?

6 comments:
Hot,Hot, and Hot! Wow, that is a great cast line up. :)
Man, I'm impressed... forget acting for you, you need to be the casting director!! I think all of your choices are AWESOME!!! I agree- these people are supposed to be beautiful, and the ones who are on the movie are just NOT.
first, you are a freak. second, i like all your choices and i agree, you should be a casting director!
here are my notes on your characters:
esme and bella- look a little too much alike.
emmet-he already plays a superhero in a CW show doesn't he? so i don't think people would go for that.
edward-i'm sorry but i would keep him as robert pattinson but just give robert some better acting lessons.
the rest are perfect :)
I totally think the "looks" of your cast are much more accurate than the movie -- definitely! Well, except Bella. Isn't she supposed to be very plain jane up until the 4th book?
I actually didn't mind the cast in the movie so much. I thought Bella was pretty accurate. Jasper bugged me, big time. (In my opinion, he was the worst cast. He just looked so stiff and goofy.) But the rest of them, I don't know, I thought they were okay. No, definitely not like the book described as being the most beautiful beings...but I guess I never expected the movie to produce people like that. I was sort of under the impression that the beauty people saw was because of the "spell" that they cast over people, like how their voice was "musical". As Edward explains to Bella, it's all part of them being the perfect predator. Everything about them draws people near....
But yes...you should be a casting director because all your cast is certainly beautiful to look at :)
Ok Christine...I am with you on the casting, EXCEPT... Bella should have been played by Ellen Page and Edward by Bryan Fischer...
Fisher...sorry.
Post a Comment