Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Bubby!!

Today my 1st son, my sweet Kyle, turns 7 years old. Seven...I still can't believe it. I have come to realize as the years pass without him, he will ALWAYS be with us in heart and spirit. I don't think there is ever a time that we do something with the kids that I don't imagine what it would be like with Kyle there. I know which room in the house would be his, where in the car he would sit, and constantly imagine him as the wonderful little and big brother I know he would be. Playing with Katie but also playing with his little brothers. The quiet, gentle middle child with a heart of gold. There simply aren't words to describe how much I miss that boy and how much my heart longs for him. Our family will never be complete without him.

This year Kyle's birthday falls on Friday the 13th. To some people that day may be an "unlucky" day but to me it's a wonderful day. Kyle was actually conceived on Friday the 13th and obviously also born on the 13th. Now May 29th, that is a horrible, scary day for me. But not the 13th. The 13th is the day when I first became a mother to a son and met my sweet little bubby. It's bittersweet that his birthday once again falls on a Friday this year. This year is when, 2 weeks from now, his baby brother turns 3. The last birthday we had with Kyle was his 3rd birthday. Kobe is reminding me SO much of Kyle lately, his hair has gotten darker and grown out longer and I swear sometimes when he is curled up in my arms and I am kissing the top of his head, I remember Kyle so clearly and perfectly in the exact same position. Or when Kobe is wearing one of Kyle's old shirts and pedaling around on Kyle's old tricyle, sometimes I have to look twice because he reminds me so much of his big brother. I have also been feeling very overprotective of Kobe lately, especially after our near drowing episode at the pool recently. I know it's silly but I feel like there is some kind of curse on me that won't allow me to have a son older than 3 yrs., 2 months & 16 days. I will literally breathe a huge sigh of relief when we pass that point with Kobe this year - which ironically will be only a couple weeks after the anniversary of Kyle's death. After that point, I will get to see what Kyle would have been like had I been able to watch him grow up. Obviously not exactly as Kobe is definitely much different than Kyle, but in the sense that I will get to experience having a son older than Kyle was when he died. Getting to experience what it's like to have a 3 1/2 year old son and a 4 year old son and so on...

But today I want to focus on the good memories, my 3 wonderful years with Kyle and be thankful for him and all the blessings he has brought and continues to bring into my life. I KNOW without a doubt that he is our guardian angel now and is watching over us. There is not a single part of our lives that has not been touched by him, from where we live, the jobs both Kevin & I do, the 2 more kids we have, our appreciation for life and understanding what is truly important in this world...everything is because of Kyle.

Kyle, I love you with all my heart and miss you from the depths of my soul. We may not be able to be together on your special day but all my love is with you. Always. We will always be connected and nothing, not even death, can sever our bond. One wonderful day we will be together again forever but until then you are always in my heart. Thank you for all the wonderful blessings you have brought into our lives. Happy Birthday my sweet angel.

Kevin & Kyle on Kyle's 3rd B'day


5 comments:

mp said...

7, I can't believe it! Happy Birthday to Kyle!! I wish we could be there so we could have cake with yall. Maybe we can have a big birthday celebration when we get there for all your boys.

For some reason this year feels different to me. Usually when Kyle's birthday is coming up, I get sad and kinda just feel like crying and hugging my kids all day. But this year, I've been excited. Not sure what's different, maybe just the years passing, but this week I've been thinking "This friday is Kyle's birthday! Yippe!" I have 5 Kyle's Kindness Cards in my wallet and have a goal to get them all out today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Laura said...

Happy Birthday sweet angel! Kyle too has brought many many blessings into my life - his wonderful family at the peak of the list. I too am giving out his cards today in his honor.

I so wish he was still with you and I can only imagine what you are going through with Kobe approaching the same age. I thought too about that as Logan passed Kyle's age when he passed...I thought of things that Logan was doing and saying and wondering if Kyle would have been the same. I think it is only natural to think the same with Kobe.

I was actually wondering this morning what day of the week Kyle was born. The number 13 has always been seen as a lucky day in our family...and it brought a wonderful blessing to with with Kyle.

Katrina said...

I've been thinking of Kyle a lot this week, telling my kids that his birthday is coming up. I have one of his Kindness Cards stuck in the visor of our car and it's pulled out so that we can see him everyday as we drive along. I love seeing his sweet face everyday, and he reminds us to buckle the kids into their carseats:)

My thoughts are with you all on this very special day. Happy Birthday, Kyle!

The Gomez Family said...

Happy B-day Kyle! Wow...7 years old. :) Such a cutie...

Angela said...

I've been thinking of you guys all day today and praying that you have a wonderful celebration as you remember sweet Kyle. I know these next few months will be tough ones for you just as you said Kobe is approaching that age when Kyle passed away. Seeing as how Nathan was not quite 3 when I first saw Kyle's video, it was a very profound moment for me when Nathan passed the age that Kyle died - just as Laura said. I had such a profound sense of sadness thinking that you didn't get to experience Kyle doing all the little things that 3.5 year olds do.

I am so thankful for Kyle and everything he has brought to MY life. What a testimony to you and Kevin that his memory alone has made such a profound impact in my not only my life, but the lives of so many others who never got to meet your little angel while he was here on earth. I have learned so much from you and Kyle, so thank you so much for sharing your sweet Bubby with me and the rest of the world. Be blessed today and always.