Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back Home

I'm not sure if I ever blogged about us going to San Antonio but we left last Wednesday because Kevin's best friend from high school was getting married and he was one of the groomsmen. We got there Wed. night and flew back home last night. I have to say it was one of the most fun trips we have ever taken. The rehearsal dinner and wedding forced us to leave the kids with my parents, get dressed up and go out (something we rarely do) and it was SO much fun. I know Kevin had a great time seeing all his old friends again, it had been way too long since he had seen them last. They are all really great guys and I had a lot of fun as well. They are all married and I got along really well with all the wives. It was so nice to relax without the kids, have some drinks and spend time with friends. I also got to catch up with my old friends from highschool and was so happy to get to see them again, there is something about being with your old friends that reminds you of who you used to be a long time ago. We had so much fun back in the day and it's always fun to relive those crazy memories.

We had Kobe's birthday party on Sunday which was one of the best birthday parties we have ever had. My mom really went all out and made it super special for him. We had a petting zoo, pony rides, face painting and a guy making balloon animals. It was like a backyard carnival and the kids had an absolute blast. Later that day we went up to my uncle's house for Easter dinner and got to see a lot of family we hadn't seen in a really long time.

It really was a great trip. The only bad part of the trip was that I only went running twice in the 5 days we were there (which was insanely easy at the lower altitude!) and of course totally pigged out the whole time. There are so many yummy restaurants there that I never get to eat at home so it's like food overload when we go down there because I want to eat at all of them. Between that, the wedding dinners, Easter dinner & Birthday cake, I ate myself sick. I got home and had gained a pound and a half. I know a lot of you will roll your eyes at that but think of it this way, it will take aprox. 7 HOURS of running to work that off. Ugh. Anyway, I'm back on track and am keeping my food journal and will be running everyday again but I'm kind of frustrated that I let myself slip so much during our trip and now have to work doubly hard to work it off and just get back to where I was before we left.

Anyway, I've got a ton of pics from the wedding and birthday party that I need to upload and resize, I'll post those soon. :)

2 comments:

The Gomez Family said...

We had so much fun with ya'll too. The kids just loved the horse ride,petting zoo, face painting, and balloon man. It was great! The kids are growing so fast. Katie is such a pretty young lady, Kobe, very vocal, is a determined big boy, and Kaleb is such a wonderer.We miss ya'll already. We can't wait for ya'll to come back and visit again.

Laura said...

Welcome home!!!